Nelson-Rigg CL2016 Tank bag installation

I installed a Nelson-Rigg CL2016 tank bag recently.

I love it, it's big but I can still rotate the handlebars lock to lock without interference.

You have to remove the air intakes on the front of the "gas tank" to pass the strap through the frame.

I have a write up with photos of removing the air intakes Installing Nelson-Rigg-2016

Update:
The large bag interfered with the USB connector on my phone. It finally broke the lightning connector on my Portapow condom cable. I did some searching and found this McDodo cable with right angle USB-A and Lightning connector. The interesting things is that the USB-A connector is reversible. I have never seen that before.

McDodo 90 Degree USB cable

It solved the problem completely. It's not a condom cable like the Portapow but I'm not too worried about my FTR 1200 hacking my iPhone!

Attachments

• IMG_1862.JPG
    IMG_1862.JPG
    722.3 KB · Views: 33

KM252

I installed a Nelson-Rigg CL2016 tank bag recently.

I love it, it's big but I can still rotate the handlebars lock to lock without interference.

You have to remove the air intakes on the front of the "gas tank" to pass the strap through the frame.

I have a write up with photos of removing the air intakes Installing Nelson-Rigg-2016
After a handful of years have passed, any further thoughts on this bag setup?