New 2023 models on the website

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
They will continue to be called the FTR, it’s just simple facts, the flat track looking bikes of 2019 didn’t sell.

With the the 22 re design, dealers couldn’t keep ftrs on the floor. And I have a feeling with these new versions, they will sell even faster.

if you want the larger wheels, and higher travel suspension and more of the off-road flat track look, the rally is still an option.

the Akra mufflers were a bit of a overpriced flop that didn’t sound any different or make any more performance than the base muffler. a large portion of people removed them anyway, so it’s not surprising they ditched them

FTR London

They will continue to be called the FTR
Yes, I don't doubt that, but it is nonetheless a complete misnomer.

the flat track looking bikes of 2019 didn’t sell.
Let's be honest here, they weren't really 'flat track looking' at all.

With the the 22 re design, dealers couldn’t keep ftrs on the floor. And I have a feeling with these new versions, they will sell even faster.
Agree entirely.

if you want the larger wheels, and higher travel suspension and more of the off-road flat track look, the rally is still an option.
Again, it's not really a flat track look at all though is it. As I say to my Triumph Scrambler riding friends that like to pose around Chelsea and Kensington at the weekend, it's more Kings Road than off-road.

the Akra mufflers were a bit of a overpriced flop that didn’t sound any different or make any more performance than the base muffler. a large portion of people removed them anyway, so it’s not surprising they ditched them
Good points.

The stock exhaust that they have reverted to is pretty ugly, but nothing compared to that monstrosity on the original 2019 version.

ciphfer

I was wondering when that exhaust would get mentioned. Those new exhaust end caps just look cheap. And so long to the cool Akrapovic heat shield.
Totally agree on the Carbon. I have the S White Smoke, but that Carbon looks the business. The new one looks okay. At least it's not as loud as the rest of the '23 range.
I know I am going to be in the minority here, but I happen to appreciate what the Akrapovic's bring to the table. I have the 22 Carbon that I just picked up. I appreciate the low rumble when I start her up. I have neighbors and I can ease out of my driveway without causing any fuss. Now, when I get on her, the exhaust comes alive. I am still breaking in the motor so I am not going crazy yet, but living in NYC (Queens) the system works very well.

nailbeater

No idea what they had before. I just know by he press release I got says the cruisers get new slipper clutches.

there are no performance changes for the ftr. Other than “improved brake tuning” but that could mean just better brake pads.
Hey Mike, what Does the slipper clutch do? I don't really understand It. Thank you in advance.

Maximus

Slow but SURE upgrades! The new slipper clutch interest me the most. Why? With a quick shifter working in conjunction with the Gilles rearsets should be interesting. I like they finally put the dash above the bars and went to a more (WAY BETTER) looking round dial. Should have keep the blood Indian Red frame for the Carbon though, maybe gold? Still needs a bigger tank, some how in that frame?

Maximus

Slow but SURE upgrades! The new slipper clutch interest me the most. Why? With a quick shifter working in conjunction with the Gilles rearsets should be interesting. I like they finally put the dash above the bars and went to a more (WAY BETTER) looking round dial. Should have keep the blood Indian Red frame for the Carbon though, maybe gold? Still needs a bigger tank, some how in that frame?
Most likely I will get the FTR Sport in White/Red this up coming year and about $1000.00 to 1500.00K in after market parts, mirrors, license plate, lights, ect.

mark.lb

I was wondering when that exhaust would get mentioned. Those new exhaust end caps just look cheap. And so long to the cool Akrapovic heat shield.
Totally agree on the Carbon. I have the S White Smoke, but that Carbon looks the business. The new one looks okay. At least it's not as loud as the rest of the '23 range.
I’m still a fan of the original Akrapovic exhaust from 2019. With the baffles drilled out it looks and sounds fine. I have a Scout that is ridiculous loud and it gets annoying after a while.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Slow but SURE upgrades! The new slipper clutch interest me the most.
the new FTR doesn’t get a change in clutch. It always had a slipper.
It’s the big cruiser bikes that got a whole new clutch.

• All Thunderstroke and PowerPlus models receive a new clutch – improving the overall feel and forgiveness. This new slipper clutch reduces engine drag which provides a smoother down shifting experience and comfortable ride while improving your ability to maintain traction when facing poor road conditions. Lastly, the larger friction zone and decreased lever effort reduces your clutch fatigue, which can be beneficial in urban areas or when riding in traffic.”

mmeck

I wouldn't mind fitting one of the chin spoilers, and number plates from the new sport to my 2019 if they will fit. I think it is a sharp look. I'm a big fan of the metallic black paint as well. I will agree though, the spirit of the flat track has been completely replaced with the Hooligan Road America spirit. Im not opposed to that though. I have always enjoyed track days, and I didn't get the FTR because of a desire to flat track it. I got it because of brutal torq, and amazing sound out of a naked, and really good looking bike.