New member from the less-than-great state of New Jersey

Speed Kills

Hey all!

If you're on the Indian forums as well, sorry for the Deja Vu. I'm Andrew, 28, and have been on bikes for the better part of a decade now. I'm on my second FTR; My first was a 2022 Carbon that was totaled out after being run off the road. So after a dozen broken ribs and collarbone sticking out of my shoulder, I was finally able to pick up a 2023 Carbon last week - Second time's the charm, or something like that. I don't just ride and work on them, in my spare time my other hobby is designing and manufacturing my own little custom parts here and there. For those who 3D Print I generally work with Polycarbonate and TPU, which translates to very strong, durable prints - Perfect for motorcycles. Happy to be here, and and most of all happy to be back on two wheels (and alive)!
20230425_175356.jpg
A photo of my 2023 FTR, which has just crossed 530 miles
IMG_20221024_073813_057.jpg
One of my favorite photos from my 2022 FTR (RIP)
20221218_210722.jpg
And a photo of me being a nerd, prototyping rear turn signal brackets.

I went to make my account an received an error message that an 'Administrator has blocked this email address', so seems like I'm already off to a great start!

Staedtler

Welcome back and glad you'r eback shiney side up!
How are you finding the MY23 vs MY22?
PS what Cad package is that, Catia or something else?

Speed Kills

Welcome back and glad you'r eback shiney side up!
How are you finding the MY23 vs MY22?
PS what Cad package is that, Catia or something else?
That you Staedtler! Happy to still be here! And truthfully I preferred my 2022. The bright red contrasting the dark carbon, plus it felt all-around "smoother“ - it doesn't help that I'm currently going back and forth with my dealer over Ride Command issues too. And Fusion 360! Very intuitive to pick up, I'm completely self-taught. My latest project is I mocked up the "tie-down brackets" Indian sells to see if I can make a better bag attachment point

Staedtler

That you Staedtler! Happy to still be here! And truthfully I preferred my 2022. The bright red contrasting the dark carbon, plus it felt all-around "smoother“ - it doesn't help that I'm currently going back and forth with my dealer over Ride Command issues too. And Fusion 360! Very intuitive to pick up, I'm completely self-taught. My latest project is I mocked up the "tie-down brackets" Indian sells to see if I can make a better bag attachment point
Ah, Fusion360, that was the one I couldn't remember the name of. I'm an old hand of Pro/E (now Creo), not sure this old dog can be taught new tricks any more though :ROFLMAO: