New owner, 3 questions...

pushit

Anyone know what this 1 inch long rubber plug goes to? I found it in my bag of stuff from the dealer after I got home.
2. How bad are the vibrations suppose to be at 4-5k, any gear. My ass is getting an unwanted violent massage when riding.
3. At 50 miles, the gauge says I have 34 miles til empty? I read 100-125 miles per tank prior to buying? 85 is gonna suck. It was full when I left the dealer (the graphic gauge showed full) I haven't done anything crazy, just riding around town, never went over 5k rpm or 60mph.
4. hi.

Attachments

• 20210502_161354.jpg
    20210502_161354.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • 20210429_115751.jpg
    20210429_115751.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34

Timps27

Never seen the plug, I’m sure someone will track it down for you. Vibrations are difficult to gauge on a message board, what is teeth chattering to one is no biggie to another. The fuel remaining jumps around for me quite a bit, on a 6 hour ride yesterday it gave me 34 miles at half a tank, and 127 later when I topped off. I was riding “spirited” everywhere I went, I’m sure you’ll get a feel for it given your own riding style and as your experience with the bike grows. Welcome, and nice looking ride!

Charliemurphay

Unless you have a bike with an evap system, when you fill it up you need to make sure the fuel is up the funnel almost touching the cap when you top off otherwise you are leaving empty space in our unique “U” shaped fuel tanks. With a heavy hand I’ve gotten as low as 100 miles before the light came on (usually comes on around the 15 miles remains area). I’ve not gotten worse than that. It’s pretty consistent at around 120 miles before empty. If on the freeway going steady closer to 130.

Also have no idea about the plug. Mine came with the owners manual, spanner for the rear shock, and the spare key with key code tag.

J0988

That plug goes here.
9321B311-5586-426D-B5F6-417510594355.jpeg28429318-CDA6-4F7E-AF8A-F9D511579198.jpeg
Probably just an extra one, but I’d check and make sure. That’s where the pigtail for the rear turn signals goes in. Also, If I only do city riding, I probably get like 85-90 miles a tank. Highway I can get up to 130, but that’s pushing it.

edgelett

Firstly, welcome!

I've noticed vibrations in the bars after switching to bar end mirrors (which I fixed via weights) but not in the seat?

K9F

I have had a left knee chop and swap and am awaiting the same procedure on the right knee. There is quite a discernible vibration that emanates from the foot-pegs. A set of these helped immensely.

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1507.jpg

K9F

Colin Moore! (y)

Ordered them about a month ago the same time I ordered the 2022 side stand which I am still waiting for.

FTRRCv2

They are included standard on the new Carbon model.
Welcome Pushit, if you live up to your name, less than 100 miles before the fuel light comes on can be expected, but getting the tank completely full is also a learning curve.

Rich.ftr

Feeling undo invasive vibration may be a sign of inflammation of the soft tissue in the perineum... Sub acute prostadynia or hemorrhoids its a very low chance but could be an early warning to check with your doctor.. Our individual tissue make up ( ie fluid, lean and fat mass ratios) mean we resonate to different frequencies on an individual basis ie the amplitude and frequency may be just the perfect stimulus at 4-5k rpms!

My wife had a husqvarna 610sm, i said to her wow you must really enjoy that bike... "Why" she says, well after 30mins i cant feel my fella anymore. I guess the narrow seat and the vibes were the perfect insult to my prudendal nerve😳

Last edited: