New owner from Cleveland

GWG

Rode my new FTR home last weekend. There a glimmer of sun, but a little chilly. I smiled the whole way home. I did burn my boot a little on the way home. My boot gets real close to the exhaust when hitting the rear brake. Any fix for that? Steel toes?

GWG

Thanks. I’m interested and would like to see how it goes. Looks good so far. It looks like it was made at the factory.

Omohundro

It came with some cheap band clamps but they will not workimage.jpg
So I have ordered these stand offs and some much higher quality bands06C2940A-A2F6-47C9-974F-820AF9C282CB.jpeg

EBCAAE0B-5EB1-419A-9B59-E306FD5DB869.png
their bands would work if the shield need to be further forward, but you will have to band both pipes to make it work.
Something else is the carbon fiber does not match exactly when you buy it, I had to sand and polish it back to the same gloss as the other partsimage.jpgimage.jpg
I’m probably overthinking it all, but in a perfect situation I would have mounting tabs welded to the exhaust. I just can’t find anyone willing to do it, three different shops said it’s to easy to blow a hole in the titanium.

Omohundro

You can adjust the brake pedal so that your foot doesn't touch the exhaust !
From what I’ve seen and read there is not much adjustment there 2-3mm and mine appears to be adjusted to higher side. Now if you know something I’m not seeing please let me know. Thanks.

May just be my fat foot.

K9F

I’m probably overthinking it all, but in a perfect situation I would have mounting tabs welded to the exhaust. I just can’t find anyone willing to do it, three different shops said it’s to easy to blow a hole in the titanium.

To me they look like standard headers in which case they aren't Titanium I believe. Get some black exhaust wrap make a nice thick gasket and simply glue it on using something akin to Vitcas heat resistant sealant which comes in black and is heat resistant up to 1300 degrees Celsius or automotive gasket sealer like Hylomar perhaps?

These are Titanium headers hence the pretty colors...Picture poached from another forum member.

Resized FTR 12-23-20.png

Last edited:

GWG

I burned the back of my boot, too. I guess I like to move my feet around when I ride. Do you have a shield behind your foot too? Where did you get that?