New owner in sunny Minnesota

Ataman888

Living few miles from Indian/Polaris HQ :). Just placed an order on 1200S Black pearl. Already have the mirrors and Aeromach tidy on order :).

Charliemurphay

Welcome from the Twin Cities! Have only seen one other FTR around here (Grey and Red S model) so good to hear there’ll be another one around.

Ataman888

so I test drove a bike quite a bit end of last year, I remember it having kind of touchy on/off fuel kind feel between 2K and 3.5K RPM, do the FTRs coming out this year still have this problem?

mark.lb

I personally have not had any problems with repeated cold stalls, fuel mapping issues, poor throttle response or surging between 3000-4000 rpm. Overall I am very satisfied with the way my bike runs. (Believe me after spending $20,000 on my FTR-S RR - If I felt it was not performing well, I would certainly purchase a PV3 with a optimized tune and correct the problems.) My son-in-laws both have spent time on my FTR as well. We are in agreement that it is running properly. I run the stock Akrapovic exhaust with catalytic converter and the dB killers removed.
That being said there are many members on this forum who have suffered with performance issues and felt it necessary to have the ECU flashed to correct problems and get better performance.
I took a snapshot of the software/firmware version in my system information....

Attachments

• C1501510-3A5E-4AA1-ADC5-79BEBBA62165.jpeg
    C1501510-3A5E-4AA1-ADC5-79BEBBA62165.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 33BE0EEA-5137-4763-A800-095E27D67549.jpeg
    33BE0EEA-5137-4763-A800-095E27D67549.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 11

Charliemurphay

I also have a stock S model, with the Indian Update installed. And in my opinion my bike also runs fine. Has the very very occasional cold stall on first start of the day, also is a little twitchy between 3-4K but I put it in track mode (fun police ON) on the suggestion on here that track mode seems to smooth the throttle out and in my opinion it did help. So take that as you will it’s probably placebo lol.

EllenGtrGrl

I also have a stock S model, with the Indian Update installed. And in my opinion my bike also runs fine. Has the very very occasional cold stall on first start of the day, also is a little twitchy between 3-4K but I put it in track mode (fun police ON) on the suggestion on here that track mode seems to smooth the throttle out and in my opinion it did help. So take that as you will it’s probably placebo lol.

Ditto for me with my FTR 1200 Base model. I did have one cold stalll several weeks ago (which surprised when it happened), but other than that it's run like a top. Welcome from Wisconsin! :)

Ataman888

That’s awesome to hear. Hope mine will feel better then the one I test drove. Minor flaw though. Still love the bike, even at 5’7”, which is the reason I ordered it
Gotta get the grab bar from Indian site. It will help the passenger grab on to something and adds to the look in my opinion :)

RR Rob919

Welcome! I am new to this forum but I live in the twin cities as well and just picked up my 2019 1200S Race Replica on Satruday. If anyone else is local, id love to meet up and ride sometime!

RR Rob919

I personally have not had any problems with repeated cold stalls, fuel mapping issues, poor throttle response or surging between 3000-4000 rpm. Overall I am very satisfied with the way my bike runs. (Believe me after spending $20,000 on my FTR-S RR - If I felt it was not performing well, I would certainly purchase a PV3 with a optimized tune and correct the problems.) My son-in-laws both have spent time on my FTR as well. We are in agreement that it is running properly. I run the stock Akrapovic exhaust with catalytic converter and the dB killers removed.
That being said there are many members on this forum who have suffered with performance issues and felt it necessary to have the ECU flashed to correct problems and get better performance.
I took a snapshot of the software/firmware version in my system information....

Hey Mark, What is the surging between 3K-4K RPM's? I just picked up my 2019 FTR S RR and have felt what feels like surging at lower RPM's. I am wondering if this is the issue that you are referring to. Do you have any additional details on that?

Thanks!

Charliemurphay

Where in the twin cities? I’m in Stillwater and only seen one other FTR on the road around here in Hudson. I’m always down for a rip, especially on the weekends.

RR Rob919

Where in the twin cities? I’m in Stillwater and only seen one other FTR on the road around here in Hudson. I’m always down for a rip, especially on the weekends.

I am in St Louis Park. Hudson isn't too far at all. Unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend but when I get back we will have to connect and go for a ride. I have been looking for others to ride with let alone other FTR owners!

Charliemurphay

Perfect. I usually ride alone, only have one other friend who rides. Was just thinking the other day “I need to make more motorcycle friends” lol. And yes especially other FTR’s. You get yours at Bison?

RR Rob919

Perfect. I usually ride alone, only have one other friend who rides. Was just thinking the other day “I need to make more motorcycle friends” lol. And yes especially other FTR’s. You get yours at Bison?
Yep. Picked mine up at their Saint Michael location.

RR Rob919

Living few miles from Indian/Polaris HQ :). Just placed an order on 1200S Black pearl. Already have the mirrors and Aeromach tidy on order :).
Those are the 2 things I was looking to change as well. Would you suggest those 2 brands? I haven't found any brands for those 2 items that ive really loved. Have you heard good things about them?

mark.lb

RR Rob919 - The ECU mapping issues have been a big topic of discussion on this forum. Many owners felt it necessary to purchase a PV3 and ECU tune to correct the problems. Thankfully I have not had issues. I think the surging they refer to occurs between 3000-4000rpm. When holding the throttle steady the engine rpm surges without input. Others who have experienced the problem may be better able to describe the problem.