New S&S slip on exhaust

Motob751

I’ve been looking into getting a slip on exhaust through s&s but I was wondering if I would have to get the computer flashed at the dealer. I really don’t know how to mess around with fuel maps, so I don’t think I would be any good getting the PV3 tuner. Just a question from a newbie. Just picked up a 2019 FTR on Wednesday. Thanks guys!

cupcake_mike

The slipon alone does not require any kind of tune, a tune is only *necessary* if the cat is removed.

A tune does help with the stock fuckery some have experienced with FTR, though.

Your dealer may do flashes, many don't. Depending on the software load on your ecm its as easy as buying a PV3 with a preinstalled tune or having one sent to you through e-mail, plugging the PV3in to the ECM and letting the PV3 do its job. If you have an upgraded ah2 tune you may need to send your ecm off to be flashed, depending on which service you use (lloydz requires this, fuelmoto does not). Your dealer should be able to tell you which ecm tune is factory loaded on your ftr, to save yourself the burden of figuring it out the hard way (by buying a PV3 you can't use).