New slip on

Indian91

Without deleting the cat, what has everyone swapped the stock exhaust for and been pleased with? Sound? Any performance at all? Thanks all.

Indian91

Ive got a base model so no akras. Ive read some mixed things about pulling baffles didn't want to damage anything.

D

Deleted member 954

in germany the police would be your best friend with these iron pipes..

K9F

in germany the police would be your best friend with these iron pipes..

Along with many other mods people would like to fit! Without TUV approval it's a non starter. So glad we don't have to put up with the restricting TUV rules you do. Switzerland are even worse.

J0988

I went with the S&S slip-on. Its lighter than stock, but was disappointed with the sound when I first installed it. I removed the DB reducer, but then it was too loud haha. I do a lot of higher speed cruising and the drone of a loud pipe can be a bit much. I cut about 2 inches off the length of the DB reducer and put it back in. Now it’s PERFECT for me....nice aggressive sound when you want it, but actually pretty quiet on the highway. I’m sure the weight savings and better breathing helps with performance, but nothing major.

Ultratoad

I wanted a little more sound and less muffler hanging off the back of my RR.... I went with the Toce slip on.... I have been exceedingly happy with this choice.... the build quality and style are outstanding.... Runs great with no tune necessary.... A little louder than I like, but with ear plugs absolutely perfect....

Darkknight70

I went with the S&S slip-on. Its lighter than stock, but was disappointed with the sound when I first installed it. I removed the DB reducer, but then it was too loud haha. I do a lot of higher speed cruising and the drone of a loud pipe can be a bit much. I cut about 2 inches off the length of the DB reducer and put it back in. Now it’s PERFECT for me....nice aggressive sound when you want it, but actually pretty quiet on the highway. I’m sure the weight savings and better breathing helps with performance, but nothing major.
Hi J0988
I am looking at putting a S&S slip-on onto my 2019 model, are you running yours with or without cat? I shall be keeping cat but want a little more sound than my standard pipe, you said it was too loud with dB removed so there must be quite a difference?

FTR London

Hi J0988
I am looking at putting a S&S slip-on onto my 2019 model, are you running yours with or without cat? I shall be keeping cat but want a little more sound than my standard pipe, you said it was too loud with dB removed so there must be quite a difference?
I run my 2019 with a cat delete/link pipe and S&S can and no dB killer. Yeah, it's loud....but exactly the sound that I wanted.

K9F

The process is a very simple one and it was my first foray into the remote tuning World. As stated highly recommended and if you buy your PV3 and tune from them it comes with a 'Lifetime Map Support.' Change anything like exhaust and they will send you an updated map free of charge.

FTR London

Because of the cat delete you must of had a tune also ? Who's the best to do this in the UK? 🤔
As K9F said, there are some very reputable tuners you can approach. The good folk at Dynojet themselves supplied me with a new bespoke tune last week based upon the data/.stk file I sent over.

IMG_20210706_163642531.jpg

IMG_20210706_163652253.jpg

IMG_20210706_163746847.jpg

This is the sound, but never translates well from a phone which loses the depth...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NvfNUfDbuRWnmN3ZA

I'm fitting a full system next year and will subsequently have the bike set up on a rolling road.

Last edited:

Darkknight70

Thanks for the information, I'm a bit slow when it comes to technology but I guess it's fairly straightforward. It's sounds very nice obviously if cat was still installed it would be much quieter.

S2Davies

Trust me Darkknight70, I'm as much a technophobe as you'll ever find and I found it all very easy, admittedly with some help from K9F, but that's the beauty of this community.