New slip on

riderjorg

Did anyone try out the qd exhaust twin gunshot with cat? I'm looking for a slip-on but here in Switzerland, laws are pretty strict. QD, Zard and S&S are possible though.

Darkknight70

Fitted a S&S grand national slip on the other day, sounded slightly louder with dB reducer in, so removed dB ,quite a bit louder and deeper tone , I'm pretty happy with the sound not sure if I'm going to do the cat delete as it's going to be that much louder again ! Will decide in next few weeks, but so far happy with the difference and look.

Attachments

• IMG_20210803_191149054.jpg
    IMG_20210803_191149054.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 20

mtFTRnh

I have the Grand National too… also removed the dB killer. It no longer sounds like a little kitten, but it’s not roaring like an obnoxious lion. Easy to fit, but remove db killer before you mount it.

riderjorg

Thanks, might have to try it. But in Switzerland removing of cat or db reducer will be illegal, and with them in I'm unsure if it's worth the 600.-

mtFTRnh

Thanks, might have to try it. But in Switzerland removing of cat or db reducer will be illegal, and with them in I'm unsure if it's worth the 600.-
I assume it would also be illegal for you to shorten the length of the dB reducer?

FTR London

Fitted a S&S grand national slip on the other day, sounded slightly louder with dB reducer in, so removed dB ,quite a bit louder and deeper tone , I'm pretty happy with the sound not sure if I'm going to do the cat delete as it's going to be that much louder again ! Will decide in next few weeks, but so far happy with the difference and look.
I have the same slip-on, dB reducer removed and a cat delete. It's glorious.

Darkknight70

How would they know if dB killer was cut down ? A very slight increase in noise/throaty sound, more popping on deceleration, but also I think it looks far better with single pipe. Weather that is enough to offset the £400 cost ??!

mtFTRnh

Yes, would be illegal. So with full db reducer and cat. there is not much of an improvement in the sound with the S&S slip-on?
It is a tiny bit louder with the S&S, but mostly a deeper sound…. not worth the $$$ for the difference.

Studi FTR 1200 S

Hat jemand den qd Auspuff Twin Gunshot mit Kat ausprobiert? Ich suche einen Slip-On, aber hier in der Schweiz sind die Gesetze ziemlich streng. QD, Zard und S&S sind jedoch möglich.
Hey Jörg

Bei Interesse hätte ich dir Dir den Akrapovic Slip on. Klingt gut und reicht eigentlich bei uns in der Schweiz. Ich habe auf elektronische Anlage gewechselt!
g russ Studi (zwischen Aarau und Solothurn)

riderjorg

Hey Jörg

Bei Interesse hätte ich dir Dir den Akrapovic Slip on. Klingt gut und reicht eigentlich bei uns in der Schweiz. Ich habe auf elektronische Anlage gewechselt!
g russ Studi (zwischen Aarau und Solothurn)
Hey Studi

J&H ist natürlich die Goldlösung :) Vielen Dank für das Angebot. Für wieviel würdest Du denn den Akrapovic verkaufen? Gruss aus der Ostschweiz

Studi FTR 1200 S

Hey Studi

J&H ist natürlich die Goldlösung :) Vielen Dank für das Angebot. Für wieviel würdest Du denn den Akrapovic verkaufen? Gruss aus der Ostschweiz
ich denke mal für so ca. 550.- inkl. MwSt. Akrapovic Carbon Hitzeschild. Hatte Ihn keine 1000 km montiert. Neu bei Indian koste er als Zubehör 2500.-.
Beiblatt brauchst Du auch keines, da E-Nr. im Endtopf eingraviert ist und bei S Model als Original verbaut. Auch kein Stress bei einer Kontrolle beim Fahren und einen guten legalen Sound dazu.