New, soon to be FTR owner from Northants UK

K1000

Site Supporter
I'm a bit of a fair weather rider, the last couple of years haven't been great, so much rain I was contemplating building an ark. However 2019 to 2021 were good and I was riding most of the year, even in the middle of winter.

This was 31st December 2019...

You certainly take good care of your bikes, that Street Triple looks like it's just been taken out of the dealership new :)

K1000

Site Supporter
Curious how you got this color on pic - in reality it is rather dark ...

Could just be the angle of the light at the particular time of day, and / or the amount of scattered light. Your picture almost looks like it has been taken using a polarising filter, which removes a good portion of said scattered light and produces more saturated colours.

How many X 100% R Carbon in this Forum, just yours so far?

Scrappy

You certainly take good care of your bikes, that Street Triple looks like it's just been taken out of the dealership new :)

Thanks, it needed a little attention when I purchased it, and it was certainly looking better when later I sold it.

These are my current bikes, although the Bonneville will go when I get an FTR.

IMG_20200529_164459750_2.jpg
IMG_20240527_130429566_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240512_141749473_HDR.jpg

K1000

Site Supporter
Thanks, it needed a little attention when I purchased it, and it was certainly looking better when later I sold it.

These are my current bikes, although the Bonneville will go when I get an FTR.

An exquisite collections of motorcycles indeed, all of them impeccably maintained.
Shame about the Boneville, but I'm sure you will find the FTR a worthy replacement.
I too was toying with the idea of the Supersport for a while. Apparently, it's not really a hard-core sports bike, and the riding position is quite upright.

I'm amazed how many bikes you guys have! There is even a thread here "What other bikes do you have in addition to the FTR", and some people fill a yard 😅
I've never had more than one at a time. I could never swing all the insurance, maintenance costs, parking costs, and all that.

P.S. Just a friendly comment: Have you considered removing location data from the pictures you post?

Scrappy

I too was toying with the idea of the Supersport for a while. Apparently, it's not really a hard-core sports bike, and the riding position is quite upright.

The Supersport is superb, so easy to ride with impeccable handling, and its really comfortable too. I can ride it for hours with no issues at all, apart from it can get a little hot on the legs if stuck in traffic, but I don't think its excessive and it doesn't really bother me much. Its the best bike I've ever owned, it may sound cliché but its so intuitive, you just look where you want to go and the bike just does it, very confidence inspiring.

P.S. Just a friendly comment: Have you considered removing location data from the pictures you post?

Good point, cheers (y)

Scrappy

How do you like the Supersport? It’s on my want list.

It's a beautiful bike in every aspect, sublime handling, more than enough performance for me, comfortable, and absolutely gorgeous looking.

If you haven't already done so, I'd very much recommend a test ride.

Peterson

Peterson

Could just be the angle of the light at the particular time of day, and / or the amount of scattered light. Your picture almost looks like it has been taken using a polarising filter, which removes a good portion of said scattered light and produces more saturated colours.

How many X 100% R Carbon in this Forum, just yours so far?

no filters - this was shot with my iPhone (an old X model) ...

K1000

Site Supporter
Its the best bike I've ever owned, it may sound cliché but its so intuitive, you just look where you want to go and the bike just does it, very confidence inspiring.

Heresy! Everyone knows it's the FTR that is THE most intuitive, comfortable, beautiful, and overall the bestest bike in the world!
In THE WoRRRLLLDD, as Jeremy Clarkson used to say 😄

Last edited:

Peterson

Heresy! Everyone knows it's the FTR that it THE most intuitive, comfortable, beautiful, and overall the bestest bike in the world!
In THE WoRRRLLLDD, as Jeremy Clarkson used to say 😄
comfortable??? what are you used to - Fred Flintstone´s Rock-Suspension? Never had such a cocky, unpleasant ride on secondary roads - unless an Ohlins-God laid his hands on ... now it clarksons.

K1000

Site Supporter
comfortable??? what are you used to - Fred Flintstone´s Rock-Suspension? Never had such a cocky, unpleasant ride on secondary roads - unless an Ohlins-God laid his hands on ... now it clarksons.

You are quite right to imply that comfort is an individual perception and that it depends on what you are used to. I am used to KTM SuperDuke 1290, which are manufactured in your country and of which I had two consecutive models just before the FTR. I find the FTR to be much more comfortable in comparison :)

Peterson

You are quite right to imply that comfort is an individual perception and that it depends on what you are used to. I am used to KTM SuperDuke 1290, which are manufactured in your country and of which I had two consecutive models just before the FTR. I find the FTR to be much more comfortable in comparison :)
sure, the SD is no sedan - but I wouldn't state the difference as "much more comfy".

americanthunder

So the pain came just from the saddle?
Yes, the suspension is doing its job and isn’t to firm or jarring. It supports the combined weight of rider and bike nicely, provides good road holding and keeps the tyres planted in the corners. Setting the suspension too soft would make for an uncontrollable ride when cornering.
The saddle is just not comfortable too me on anything much more than an hour.
Most of the time that’s an acceptable compromise for a bike I love riding but when that timescale is pushed - ouch.

Peterson

Yes, the suspension is doing its job and isn’t to firm or jarring. It supports the combined weight of rider and bike nicely, provides good road holding and keeps the tyres planted in the corners. Setting the suspension too soft would make for an uncontrollable ride when cornering.
The saddle is just not comfortable too me on anything much more than an hour.
Most of the time that’s an acceptable compromise for a bike I love riding but when that timescale is pushed - ouch.
I see - wish you good luck finding a fitting saddle!