Numb Hands

Jcoulter

Hi All,
I test rode a 19 FTR last week and I LOVE it for the most part. The only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger is my hands were numb after only 15 minutes. The bike had pro taper bars on it which I know I can probably move around a bit, but I’m concerned that it’s not likely to solve the problem. Anyone else have this problem and found a solution?

Timps27

Numb hands are most typically from gripping too tight. The bars are stable and the end weights should dampen the V Twinness. I put some Sato inner bar weights in after putting on bar end mirrors in place of the end weights, no vibe or numbness complaints on my end.

R. Warshawsky

Hi All,
I test rode a 19 FTR last week and I LOVE it for the most part. The only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger is my hands were numb after only 15 minutes. The bike had pro taper bars on it which I know I can probably move around a bit, but I’m concerned that it’s not likely to solve the problem. Anyone else have this problem and found a solution?
Yes, and for me it was mostly in the throttle hand. Cured it by swapping the bar end weights to HVMP heavier ones.

K9F

Gloves with a decent palm pad. Just repaired my Summer ones as the wrist velcro was shot. Bought a new pair of Indian ones but my conscience got the better of me and despite throwing them away twice had to go 'bin diving' to retrieve them and attempt a repair. They're like an old friend the mileage we have covered together. Even treated them to a woolens wash in the washing machine.

IMG_1608.jpg

Last edited:

S2Davies

When I first got my 2019, it was too wide to get through the door in my garage so I swapped the bar end weights for a narrower (and lighter) set , just to make my life easier when getting the bike in/out from the garage. I soon found that while not unbeatable, there was significant vibration on the bars. After putting the stock weights back on, I couldn't believe how much better it was. Shortly after that with a bit of creative sawing, the door was widened and now all is good! :)

MilwDave

Numb hands are most typically from gripping too tight. The bars are stable and the end weights should dampen the V Twinness. I put some Sato inner bar weights in after putting on bar end mirrors in place of the end weights, no vibe or numbness complaints on my end.
I have been trying to track down some Sato Racing Inner Bar Weights (a vendor shipped me (1) weight) but so far I haven't been able to find any in-stock. Does anyone have a lead on where I could pick them up?

Timps27

I was checking them daily and a few weeks back they popped in stock and I grabbed them. My bar ends are just cheap Amazon’s so I did end up needing to go to Lowe’s and grab some improved fasteners that fit the Sato threads.

MilwDave

I was checking them daily and a few weeks back they popped in stock and I grabbed them. My bar ends are just cheap Amazon’s so I did end up needing to go to Lowe’s and grab some improved fasteners that fit the Sato threads.
I’ll have to keep trying

Rix005

Hi All,
The bar buz will disappear by swapping stock tires to Continental, and pulling the bar back 2 inches.

Michael Ray

New here, just rode my 1200S home today so forgive my ignorance. How may I ask do you pull the bars back? Only risers I have found were Roland Sands.

Max Kool

Some people install rally bars, they're taller so you can pull them back more. Much cheaper than the RSD risers and roughly accomplish the same.

Still surprised how many people find the stock bars too low btw and wondering what their previous bike was.

Rix005

New here, just rode my 1200S home today so forgive my ignorance. How may I ask do you pull the bars back? Only risers I have found were Roland Sands.
Some people install rally bars, they're taller so you can pull them back more. Much cheaper than the RSD risers and roughly accomplish the same.

Still surprised how many people find the stock bars too low btw and wondering what their previous bike was.
Attached pics showing Rox bar risers$59.00
Had to fabricate a plate to remount Ride Command. The last pic is of the plate relocation.

Attachments

• 20210601_183422.jpg
    20210601_183422.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20210601_183336.jpg
    20210601_183336.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 20210601_183349.jpg
    20210601_183349.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 20210601_183321.jpg
    20210601_183321.jpg