OEM turn signals - 12V, xxA? xxW? - required values for aftermarket turn signal resistors

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yeah I would just put the stock lights back on, I found out a lot about our bikes when I tried to change the lights, apparently we have CAN BUS system and this affects a lot when trying to mess with the electrical system, I spent a couple hundred dollars on different turn signals and found out they just won’t work so I’ll just put them on another bike, kinda sucks
Yea it is canbus. There are several lights out there that work with the system. Just have to do your research before hand.

Reactions: K9F

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Why should the Mothership buy OEM signals and fit to prove your point? You effectively kissed any electrical warranty goodbye when you messed with it. Five tunes from FuelMoto and still running like a bag of spanners, awaiting a tune from Ryan to get the Toce, eagerly awaiting cams all within a few months. Your ride certainly has had it's peaks and troughs along with your aspirations. I don't personally blame you for moving on, nevertheless the squirming you are experiencing with your warranty is hardly surprising as the slightest excuse and many will try to wriggle off the hook. Despite being an electrical engineer acquainted with the intricacies of CanBus that is one of the reasons I let the dealership fit mine, any hassle and it's on them not me! Next bike don't mess with it until you are 100% happy with the way it runs and have proven it's fit for your purpose.

Oh by the way, a multimeter is not much good at diagnosing CanBus issues. You need a CanBus tester that measures signal to noise ratios on the bus (CanBus is a two way street that multiple systems can use the same bus reducing cable requirements) and often they come with a signal transceiver that sends a signal down the line and measures the return and received signals, usually frequency based.

Late Edit. At least the door was shut quietly on exiting.

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust (Official Video) - YouTube
Way to go! You scared him off!
I do find it weird how people start to mod their bike, incorrect installation of said mods then cause faults with the bike, then it’s indians fault

Reactions: K9F

K9F

And there he was......GONE!! :cry:

Initially thought I'd posted on the wrong thread! It sure was a quick exit and he didn't even slam the door on his way out! Not a footprint left behind! 😁

Needless to say Ferraiolo 1 I had my part to play I suppose? Venting your spleen about your FTR and how shit it is on an enthusiast forum is never a great idea. As you so justifiably stated neither is arguing the toss with the Mothership when they themselves are focused that your butchering had a part to play in all this.

Moving swiftly on............😇😎

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
He also deleted all his ftr vids on his YouTube channel and changed the name of it to “right patriotic”

Oh well

K9F

Ferraiolo 1 and K9F neither of you will ever win the Nobel peace price !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You're probably right there Massimo. You can stick Max Kool in the pot as well whilst you're at it! 😂 (No offence meant or implied Max!)

We all get differences of opinion from time to time and we always invariably overcome them thankfully. My mantra is "It takes a big man to realize when he is wrong, and an even bigger one to apologize.'

In this instance I merely stated the obvious, on reflection I wish I'd quoted his whole post so anyone can get a balanced perspective!

Some people just don't know what they want or how to get it!

Last edited:

Massimo

Hey everyone,

as i do not really have the possibility to measure the OEM turn signals in order to calculate the required resistors for my 12V/1W LED aftermarket turn signals I just wanted to ask, if any1 of you has already measured the OEMs and maybe got the values for me:)

Thank you very much in advance:)
The stock turn signals are 1.2 Watt .IMG_20201128_154939295.jpg