Owners Manual.

ashsparks

I have commented on this before but cannot resist another mention its regarding the online spec information available on the Indian website I always fit Stahlbus oil drain plugs to my bikes I am an oil change freak and will change it at around 1200 miles (yes I know I am wasting money and no I don,t care) the Stahlbus valve makes it easy and takes the strain off the drain plug threads could have waited until my first oil change to find the size and thread and then ordered but a quick look on the Indian website manual and the size and thread is there no problem never known another maker to offer this service so off to order 2 Valves.:)
That sounds a great idea what size is it for the FTR1200s RR?

Ed Fox

I agree that the FTR owner’s manual is excellent. I found the suspension section really great. Most manufactures offer suggested settings for different riding styles (around town to aggressive or track) settings but few offer preload suggestions. I tip the scales at about 250Lbs so most Euro and Japanese manufactures are less likely to be helpful to me in this respect. In fact I usually change the springs on most bikes to compensate for me cutting a prosperous figure, LOL! This Manuel came with preload settings for the rear shock for up to about 425 Lbs. if I am remembering correctly. I set the preload on the rear for my weight and guessed on the front and the bike is very dialed in for me now. Again, I’m very impressed with the manual.