Pics of you Baby

Twestby

Yeah, I traded my 7200+ mile FTR plus $250 for a new MT10. They started with a low-ball offer, I stated that wouldn't work at all and started to walk. Salesman we know grabbed the owner and took him outside to look the FTR over before I could make it out the door. The dealership owner threw out a MUCH more reasonable offer as long as I was leaving all the aftermarket stuff on the bike.

I'll still be around from time to time, I love the FTR platform and it's neat to see what people do with it... just wasn't the bike for me. The MT10 has a larger tank (4.7g), when I commute to and from work I'm getting about 40-50 miles more range between filling up (with cruise control is engaged @ interstate speeds). After the tank-slapper, I looked into steering stabilizers for the FTR1200 - GPR still hasn't released one as they need a test-mule FTR to engineer the mounting system for their stabilizer. I know that all motorcycles are prone to slappers, and I have had minor ones in the past on other bikes... just nothing to this extent. Time seemed to slow but my handlebars were in fast forward, the bike was laying over left to right like I was making a sharp turn at speed, tires screeched as it bounced off the fork stops side to side, and I truly thought I was gonna eat asphalt at 80mph. Not something I could easily get over and ride the 200-mile round trip to work/home a few times a week.
Hi- seems u have plenty of seat time with FTR, I was going to get one in 19 but, in market again and beside the white knuckler (holy cow) how is it?? Thx

Ultratoad

The forks and stops had taken a beating, powder-coating was pealing on the frame at the triple-tree stops and the forks had a ding through the gold anodized finish into the fork tube. Wasn't worth it to me to spend more $$$ to repair seeing how much value my FTR1200 S had lost in just under a year of owning it. It was a fun bike, and I loved the looks/styling, brakes, exhaust note... not quite enough power to weight IMO, but a fun bike to ride and do hooligan stuff on. Ultimately the FTR wasn't good for me with my long interstate travel @ 80-85mph, the bars were buzzy and the fuel economy went to shit at those speeds. I'm able to get 140+ miles per tank on the MT-10 with cruise set at 81mph (the tank is roughly 1 gallon larger than the Indian). There are some things the Yamaha doesn't do as good - braking and the throttle snatch are two off the top of my head. Strangely, at 6' 2" the Yamaha fits me better in or out of a tuck than the FTR.
You peaked my interest.... Had to do a deep dive on the MT-10.... Quite a bike--no shortage of power or performance bits.... Yamaha did good.... No surprise really.... Good luck to you....

nnm505

Modifications:
lowered front fender
covers painted (Porsche color "Guards Red")
lowered Corbin seatIMG_0826.jpeg
S & S Grand National exhaust (no problem with heat, covers ceramic coated, heat wrap not working)
Corbin plate holder
Kellermann turn signals