Plug and play front turnsignal

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Before you scoff at the price. Those signals are a little over $100 a set, without the plugs.

JDP

I need some flush mounted REAR turn signals so I can use my over the seat saddle bags, my turn signals are mounted on Corbin tag bracket and don’t want to break them any ideas ? I kinda like the rings around the forks for front signals

K9F

If you are on about the Shinyo button lights I can vouch for how bright they are. When fitting my rear fender where the lights are embedded in the rear edge those are what I used. Two indicator lights and a middle stop/running light.

26AD34B6-FF58-4E94-BA01-203BB7596E6E.jpeg

64B5B01B-7FF0-4222-878E-AA223FDE4F59.jpeg

Last edited:

SURLY

Pretty sure these would be an MOT failure in the UK and I would prefer other road users to know what I am doing next these would be a fail there.:(

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
These are far brighter than stock, they will know what you're doing, but yes they are not technically legal in most places.

SURLY

These are far brighter than stock, they will know what you're doing, but yes they are not technically legal in most places.
They are also deep in the forks so invisible from any where but head on there are much better small ones on the market nice that they are plug and play though.

K9F

Pretty sure these would be an MOT failure in the UK and I would prefer other road users to know what I am doing next these would be a fail there.:(

Respectfully you are incorrect If commenting on the one’s fitted above. They are most certainly not an MOT failure and as justifiably stated much brighter than stock. They are supplied by Thunderbike In Germany and are TUV and EC approved where legislation is much stricter than the UK. Adequate research was done before sourcing and fitting to prevent issues come MOT time. Had to fit a reflector though!

Cut and paste:

Not all motorcycles need indicators, but some do. Direction indicators are not required on motorbikes that:

• do not have front and rear position lamps
  • have top speeds of 30mph
  • were first used before 1 August 1986
  • are off road bikes designed to carry only the rider or the rider and one passenger in a side-car.
It is not mandatory for a moped to be fitted with indicator lights.

Last edited:

SURLY

No MOT failure and as justifiably stated much brighter than stock. They are supplied by Thunderbike and are TUV and EC approved.
But still invisible from anywhere but head on looking at the pic supplied.

K9F

I think we may be talking cross purposes here? If your comments are directed at the front ones I tend to agree if it's the rear they are on a curved surface. Surliness and MOT aspersions aside three years and two MOTs have elapsed since fitting and if following you can’t either see or hear me you shouldn’t be on the road. It's what lies ahead that is of greater importance. Over in the UK you do not need any indicators whatsoever to pass an MOT and lights aren't obligatory if going for a Daytime Only MOT only a stoplight.

Last edited:

SURLY

I think we may be talking cross purposes here? If your comments are directed at the front ones I tend to agree if it's the rear they are on a curved surface. Surliness and MOT aspersions aside three years and two MOTs have elapsed since fitting and if following you can’t either see or hear me you shouldn’t be on the road. It's what lies ahead that is of greater importance. Over in the UK you do not need any indicators whatsoever to pass an MOT and lights aren't obligatory if going for a Daytime Only MOT only a stoplight.
I am refering to the front ones and I agree they should be able to see me however the hospitals are full of bikers the car driver did not see and the driver gets away with saying I did not see him and I am in the UK and I am sure if I took a late model bike for an mot they would fail it for no indicators will check this with my dealer when he opens.
And yes the rear ones do look ok.
I see you still have the big front indicators on so really you agree with me on being seen.

JDP

I have a small problem I think, need some advice, I replaced my rear turn signals with flush mounted one because someone in my house would walk by and bump my turn signal and crack it more than once, well now they work as running lights also but when I turn the bike off and pull out the key they stay on for about a minute then goes off, how can they(turn signals) come on as running lights with no power going to them and why do they stay on for a minute after the key is removed ? Should I just run it like this and see what happens?