Power Commander V

K9F

I will wait a while, the tunes are just 'generic maps' with the ability to change the odd parameter here and there.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
That’s why you pay runway performance for a quality tune downloaded via pv3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhledge

The Power Vision CX (for Indian FTR1200) looks interesting. I was reading the documentation here: http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/...2019&yrid=632&yr=Indian&mkid=7309&mkn=FTR1200 and it allows you to connect to the diagnostic port, run the engine/ride the bike, log the data, upload it to a PC (unfortunately, Windows - bummer for us Apple fans), adjust values, then load back into the ECU as a new map. Much more adjustability than the Power Commander V (which I had on my former FJR1300 and Rocket III). Of course, more adjustability means better ability to maximize performance from add-ons like better air filter, pipes, and so forth that affect tune. It also means more ability to dork things up, so be sure to keep a copy of the original factory flash handy.

Dynojet makes great products.

The FTR is missing a quick shifter.

With the Power Commander V I was able to add a Dynoject QC to my Ducati. I wonder if they will offer a way to use one on the FTR?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yes it’s much different on these bikes than tuning jap bikes. As there is no inline controller or need to remove the ecu to have it flashed.

Seriously. Contact the runway performance, $500 for tune including the pv3. He has the smoothest tunes out there. You plug it in, tune it, unplug. Takes 10min

No dynojet doesn’t make a quick shifter. But healtech makes one. It’s a great unit. I had one on my Fz1.

Last edited:
Thanks! Have you used the runway performance FTR tune? If it is well done then $500 is very reasonable. I'm not unhappy with the stock tune but my experience with the Power Commander on the Ducati was night and day.

I hear good things about Healtech, I will check them out.

On a different topic, https://www.vizi-tec.com/, makes a rear brake light modulator for Indians. I am going to contact them to see if they have one for the FTR.

Max Kool

I am running a tune from The Runway Performance. Well worth it for me. Could be the best money spent on this bike.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yeah my only regret is that I waited till 700 miles to install it.

I’m at almost 2k now with it.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Why would you need to travel there? Ryan loads the maps he has made to the tuner and ships it to you.

If you have a complaint he can send you another map via email.

His maps come from an average of runs from his personal ftr with various mods.

K9F

For any European owners, I may use these people? They have an excellent reputation and rave reviews in the motorcycle tuning stakes but there are also some bad ones too. At £360 for a bespoke map for your bike with Dyno time the cost seems reasonable too. Either way only taking delivery Saturday so will stick it on the back burner and see what comes for the time being. Moving up from a KTM the differences in performance are going to be significant at the beginning anyway.

Last edited: