Power mode.

SURLY

So far I have been riding in the road mode and have noticed a slight hesitancy in pick up off tick over a few times its a bit irritating but I thought it would be sorted when I get a PV3 on the bike then yesterday whilst pissing about with the very nice dash screen I bumped it into full fat lots of sugar mode and went for a ride bike is way better in this mode anyone else found this? only problem here is I read the rider aids are disarmed in this mode anyone know different would like to keep ABS as the tyres do not have a great reputation for wet riding.
PS everyone thinks this bike is so fcuking pretty even little old ladies stop and comment on it knockout:love:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
the only rider aid that is turned off in sport is wheelie control. But abs and tc are still active till you go into track mode.

And whose tune do you have? it should be smooth in every mode, perhaps ask your tuner to tweak some settings.

SURLY

Thank you thats a relief on abs standard tune high level ackros as standard and decat dealer said that would be fine will be getting PV3 and using Dyno jet decat tune when my wallet recovers from £226 for rally seat £210 for recover and lower and £120 for some bar levers in red black and gold which have just turned up from MTP in Gerrmany.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Even in sport mode the TC will take over and not let you wheelie too high as well.

I know there are some tuners over the pond. moore speed racing is supposed to have some good maps, I talked to them about maps for my racefit.

The canned dyno jet tunes are just ok from what I have heard.

SURLY

already spoken to Moorespeed but they do not want to sell you a tune they insist on having your bike for a day and its a 100 miles each way but will try again.
Thanks.

SURLY

Just spoken to Moorepeed and they can do it they send me the PV3 I marry it to my bike send it back and they load it all in cost £430 ouch.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
That's about right, its $350-500 USD here depending on the tuner, and that includes the cost of the PV3

Unruly Rider

Heres new levers compliments of our German sparring partners.:)
Nice, I wonder if they offer those in graphite / black as well?

EDIT: just checked their website, yes they do! Though after looking over their products, I'd probably be happier with their shorty levers in the graphite color.

Last edited:

SURLY

Tried the short ones in the past and always found them a bit (well a lot actually) short on finger space so went for the adjustable ones they are still quite short unless you adjust them and I liked the extra colours.
You will have to dismantle the brake lever to get the plunger out two sockets and a vice easy enough.