Powerbronze rear tire hugger

Gunnarun

New not installed, I bought it before picking up my RR then changed my mind. $110 shipped in the US.
the pic with it installed is from their website.

Sean
C9075EB6-980C-445E-8279-697162D0F57E.jpeg

C6E8D097-2021-4CC0-82B0-90871021F1B5.jpeg

Gunnarun

Hi Sean , I’m interested in the new hugger for the FTR. I live in Australia, so if it’s still available, I’ll arrange freight collect from if you can do $100? Let me know. Cheers, Stu.
Hey Stuart, That‘s fine if you want to arrange freight collect. I’m not sure how that works on my end.
Send me an email
We could do PayPal if that’s easy.

Sean

Last edited:

Keles

i also got one, but in a carbon version. Unfortunately, carbon color does not match the motorcycle carbon. I will paint it a little darker carbon color or in motorcycle color red. I just don't know what will look better.

Keles

I know that it is not carbon. I will paint it in the correct carbon shade .. my question was .. what will look better ?? Carbon or the red from FTR?

Attachments

• FE52451D-A03B-487E-8B96-8C486D23D5F2.jpeg
    FE52451D-A03B-487E-8B96-8C486D23D5F2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
painting it a carbon look wont look any better than it currently does. I would just paint it black, red would be overkill

Keles

Thank you anyway is it difficult? I also think that red .. won't fit .. black matt is also my favorite. 👍👍

K9F

Wonder why it is not carbon color? Probably because the base color wasn't dark enough? I've had some great results from 3D hydrographic dipping using different base colors.

GD.jpg
GD1.jpg

fender.jpg

Gunnarun

I interrupt this hijacked thread to note a sale pending. 👍

Now as for the other topic: you could paint the ABS plastic any color you want simply use an adhesion promoter like SEM or Bulldog brand. Or a rattle can specific for plastic.

Fuse5

sorry for OT..
@K9F.. just questions
Don´t use tie raps on this nice colored HD swing arm. Thin rubber straps keeps marks away (but after years ?)
Do u need a reflector at the back (swingarm) in the UK ?

@ keles
get it foil coated or choose hydrographics coating carbon design.

Keles

I will paint in the dark carbon color first, as well as my remaining parts of the FTR. But if I don't like it, the red color comes from the frame of the motorcycle. if I don't like everything, I'll paint it in a silky smooth finish like the one on the motorcycle. So I'll start painting darker with carbon first .. I'm a painter for a very long time 😀

K9F

Thought the hugger was a done deal almost? Apologies! Any new posts on this forum are generally welcome hijack or not but apologies once again!

@Keles

You must be good if you can do your own carbon painting effect? These guys will do it any color or finish you want. But you'll probably have somewhere more local to yourself? Looking forward to seeing your end result!

@Fuse5

That was just during the rear end rebuild. Cable ties as with the reflectors they are long gone. I usually use bicycle inner tube to protect the frame when bolting or attaching anything to it. There is now a La Rosa swing arm bag that side of the swing arm. You can see the underside of the frame where all the cabling and pipes have been run for the Shotgun Shock Air Ride System where the frame has been protected with aircraft propeller leading edge tape, same for the braided hydraulic clutch pipework.

Southampton CVO.jpeg

IMG_0475.jpg

Gunnarun

No problem at all @K9F I was just closing the loop.

That is a beautiful ride and I bet no problems with the side stand being too long. 😀

Reactions: K9F

K9F

No problem at all @K9F I was just closing the loop.

That is a beautiful ride and I bet no problems with the side stand being too long. 😀
Thank you. None whatsoever hence my caution with the FTR. Nevertheless the H-D has a camlock system whereupon as the weight hits the stand the bike rolls forward about an inch into the lock. Butt puckering and unnerving to say the least until you eventually become used to it. Weight has to come completely off before it will raise.

With the FTR I always leave it in gear and turn the bars all the way to the left. I have had no issues but it is still a little unsettling how high she sits on the stand. The stand can also be retracted way too easily IMHO.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Hydro dip and painted carbon will Never look like a real carbon weave.
If you do all hydro dip on the bike then it all blends. But if you have a real carbon weave and then a fake carbon on the same bike you can clearly see the difference. It just doesn’t work