Pull type lanyard kill switch for 2019 FTR1200S

Unzzy66

Tip switch. That's a good point. Modern fuel injected engines do have safety switches that turn off the fuel pump if something happens like a high g crash or roll over. I'll ask if this safety feature is on an FTR

Unzzy66

Thank you K9F and SURGEFTR. I'm going to print that page and take it to our local NHRA Tech Rep and see if this will cover as a kill switch. Also I was able to get ahold of an engineer at Indian corporate headquarters and he told me if you must wire in a pull type kill switch that will shut down the engine - then the only safe way to do it is to wire the kill switch into the key switch "on" wire. He said removing power to the fuel pump will cause a fault code. It was a short call so I wasn't able to ask him about using the kick stand switch. SURGEFTR where did you get your FTR Maintenance Manual on CD?

SURGEFTR

Thank you K9F and SURGEFTR. I'm going to print that page and take it to our local NHRA Tech Rep and see if this will cover as a kill switch. Also I was able to get ahold of an engineer at Indian corporate headquarters and he told me if you must wire in a pull type kill switch that will shut down the engine - then the only safe way to do it is to wire the kill switch into the key switch "on" wire. He said removing power to the fuel pump will cause a fault code. It was a short call so I wasn't able to ask him about using the kick stand switch. SURGEFTR where did you get your FTR Maintenance Manual on CD?
No problem man. Happy to help! Max gets the prize for mentioning ignition 1st. Dunno if I'm ready to cut into mine just yet. Maybe if i get a spare. Sending you a PM about your contact and have some questions. Talk soon

Unzzy66

Update - Cutting into the ignition wires at the key switch is turning out to not be the best option. The fuse panel on the right side has the 10A Ignition and 10A Engine fuses. Researching these and also the 40A main fuse by the battery as a possible solution.