quality

Notaharley

OK, got the fork seal work done, it appears there was some clear substance that my mechanic said looked like clear dried bug guts that ripped up the seal. Hard to remove, but I find it hard to believe it was dried bug guts, probably something I picked up on the road.

So I'll reserve my judgement on Indian reliability for now.

I just call 'em as I see them as they occur, and am willing to put it out there when I make snap judgements.
Maybe some fork gators?!?
Might look cool, too.

MacBayne

To clear things up, I meant I've ridden many different motorcycles over 20K miles each. Probably over 200k for my riding career. All Japanese.

Didn't move anywhere different recently. Bike is 2019, been out of warranty for a year.

Even if it was still in warranty, Indian wouldn't warranty a fork issue that another shop serviced anyway, they would blame the other shop.

Indian dealers suck at customer service just like every other dealer, even the Jap brands. It's just that the Japanese manufacturers understand quality, so you don't have to experience their shitty customer service as often; with admittedly some exceptions (early Honda VFR cam issues, for instance).

OK, got the fork seal work done, it appears there was some clear substance that my mechanic said looked like clear dried bug guts that ripped up the seal. Hard to remove, but I find it hard to believe it was dried bug guts, probably something I picked up on the road.

So I'll reserve my judgement on Indian reliability for now.

I just call 'em as I see them as they occur, and am willing to put it out there when I make snap judgements.
Bug guts?! LO-fuckin_L!
If your mechanic blames "bug guts," he's an idiot... YES, I will back up that statement...

I'm not defending Indian, at all.... hell, I 've run Japanese machines for 25 years...

Indian runs OEM Sachs and Ohlins suspension... BOTH are GREAT companies.

Fork seals are simply just fickle beasts, like I have said before.

If your seals blew, it MAY just even been due to going through a construction zone

Rich.ftr

Bug guts?! LO-fuckin_L!
If your mechanic blames "bug guts," he's an idiot... YES, I will back up that statement...

I'm not defending Indian, at all.... hell, I 've run Japanese machines for 25 years...

Indian runs OEM Sachs and Ohlins suspension... BOTH are GREAT companies.

Fork seals are simply just fickle beasts, like I have said before.

If your seals blew, it MAY just even been due to going through a construction zone
But a nice reminder to wipe the forks down after a ride. I had a fz600 1988 (2 years old at the time)that needed the fork legs replating after 2x seal replacements not lasting.

wallycycle

When forks start weeping/leaking, try using a Risk Racing "Fork Seal Doctor" tool first before jumping to the time/expense of pulling forks and replacing the seals. It's not always a cut/torn seal, just the wiper blades out of place or a piece of debris that is lodged in the blades. That tool is part of my road trip toolkit and has saved the vacation several times. Tip: if the leak doesn't stop after the first go, don't despair. Sometimes it takes 2-3 "treatments". BTW, this tool is far superior to the similar purpose Motion Pro POS.