Question about fueling ..

Topsy

Considering buying a low mileage 2019, but reading about the fueling issues sounds pretty bad, but it's hard to know in a forum.

I gotta believe there are lots of FTRs that don't have fueling issues without using a tune?
Sounds like that latest Indian update didn't help much for those with issues.

On a similar topic, does the circuit breaker recall 100% fix that problem?

Thanks

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
If you plan on doing an exhaust, you would need a tune anyway, which fixes all fueling issues.

The fueling issue was pretty much production wide, some people just noticed it more than others.

And yes, it fixed the random shut offs, that werent fuel related.

Pmcb41

I only went with Fuel mapping because I deleted the CAT. I can notice several differences but in reality most bikes , especially the FTR have more power and handling capabilities than 99% of their riders. We do these things because we love to tinker with bikes. Most riders do. The occasional flaw should be dealt with through your dealer. Remember most riders don’t participate in forums, this is as much an intellectual exercise as it is anything else. The problem with forums is the same as magazine, you can come away thinking you must buy something more. You can glean a lot of good information from some really knowledgeable people on this Forum, but the bike in itself is a great machine and well worth the money if your looking for a sporty, powerful ride that draws attention everywhere, get the FTR. If you want a recliner with a vibrating seat, buy a Harley. (Just kidding, any bike is good if you enjoy riding it).