Questions about Lloydz tunes

summerle

Hey Guys,

I have a few questions about Lloydz tunes with stock pipes or maybe just slip on - as I don't plan to do a full system (mainly because it smells bad and bad for the environment as well).
The problems I have with the stock tune are:
1. poor cold start performance, even in those cooler summer mornings. The engine just cranks but wouldn't fire up until the second time.
2. throttle on -> off -> on transition is really jerky in almost all gears, especially bad imo in 1,2,3 gear.
3. too much engine braking. Riding in town i don't even need to use brakes because 1, 2 gears give so much engine braking. Just modulate the clutch to slow down.

2 and 3 combined are not ideal for occasional track days, since I want to use more front brakes instead of engine drags me from the rear. On off throttle thing upsets the whole bike imo when trying to accelerate out the corners.
Let me know if Lloydz tunes addresses these issues or not. And what else do you notice over the stock tunes?
IMG_8492.jpg

Charliemurphay

The Lloydz tune definitely addresses these issues and smooths the running of the bike overall. That said if you have environmental concerns, my best friend I ride with said my bike “rolls coal” when I get on it 😂. Not to say it really leaves a big sooty trail more like it’s a puff of black smoke initially. But my overall fuel economy did suffer after the tune even when I’m nice to it. Side effect of fixing the super leaned out condition these bikes have from the factory and now getting the appropriate amount of fuel for proper running. I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

Max Kool

The Lloydz tune fixed all these things on my 2019.

A buttery smooth but very eager midrange throttle response with hairline precision (eager especially in Sport mode). No more surging on a light throttle between 3 and 5krpm and starts better as well in the morning.

FTR London

The Lloydz tune fixed all these things on my 2019.

A buttery smooth but very eager midrange throttle response with hairline precision (eager especially in Sport mode). No more surging on a light throttle between 3 and 5krpm and starts better as well in the morning.
This 100%

I'd also add in respect to the OP, engine braking is your friend.

summerle

This 100%

I'd also add in respect to the OP, engine braking is your friend.
I really don't like engine braking. I really want to use more trail braking/front brake on track days. Do you notice more decel pops after the tune? Another interesting point is in Lloydz video somewhere they claim engine is going to run cooler, smoother, and more fuel efficient. This is probably not the case for fuel-efficient due to running rich i guess.

edgelett

hard to say re: economy, because I find I wring it's neck more since the tune cause it's more fun to ride

DeplorableOne

Mine went from around 160-175 miles on a tank to like 90ish. Cut my fuel economy in half. I still have some surging between 3400-4500 rpm. Also have the 2nd start thing if it's sat for a bit. TBH the tune was necessary due to the exhaust but I honestly think it could be better. At some point I'll bring the whole bike in and see what they can do. Compared to the stock tune I didn't have a ton of the issues others had, but the stock tune surged much more, and would randomly just shut off and fire back up in corners which was scary AF. That by itself is reason enough for the tune to be necessary. I also think a huge part of my particular situation is I am never anywhere longer than 3-4 months. From 6000+ft elevation down to sea level, etc. I'm back up in the pacNW and it's running like a champ now

FTR London

Mine went from around 160-175 miles on a tank to like 90ish. Cut my fuel economy in half. I still have some surging between 3400-4500 rpm. Also have the 2nd start thing if it's sat for a bit. TBH the tune was necessary due to the exhaust but I honestly think it could be better. At some point I'll bring the whole bike in and see what they can do. Compared to the stock tune I didn't have a ton of the issues others had, but the stock tune surged much more, and would randomly just shut off and fire back up in corners which was scary AF. That by itself is reason enough for the tune to be necessary. I also think a huge part of my particular situation is I am never anywhere longer than 3-4 months. From 6000+ft elevation down to sea level, etc. I'm back up in the pacNW and it's running like a champ now
You got 175 miles range out of one tank of fuel??? Sorry, not doubting your word, but how? Do you ride like a nun?

Completely agree, the cut outs were terrifying. Fortunately I never had it happen on the approach to, or mid corner.

DeplorableOne

You got 175 miles range out of one tank of fuel??? Sorry, not doubting your word, but how? Do you ride like a nun?

Completely agree, the cut outs were terrifying. Fortunately I never had it happen on the approach to, or mid corner.
No idea, most said they were getting close to 150 so I figured an extra 20ish miles NBD. I rode it pretty gently at first. I know mine was running lean lean though. I was told it was one of the earliest builds had first version software the first time I took it in.