Quick Shifters

Nute

Anyone fitted a quick shifter / blipper? Will the FTR take one/both? If so what make did you fit?

Corndawg

IRC makes the only down blipper. They also make and up only along with Anatorri. I have the IRC blipper and love it. Pretty much perfect out of the box.

Greg

IRC makes the only down blipper. They also make and up only along with Anatorri. I have the IRC blipper and love it. Pretty much perfect out of the box.
I fitted the IRC shifter/blipper last week before going to the IOM TT. I wish I’d have done it on day one… somehow changed my rather agricultural gearbox into almost a sports bike box. The gears seem so much easier, I had trouble with 5/6 upshifts from day one, this cured the problem straight away, and the noise is fantastic. No problems at all including 2 runs over the mountain mile at full throttle, never missed a shift up or down.
Fitting wasn’t bad really, about 4h in total, I havnt taken the bike down that far before so I was learning as I went on. A lot of that time was spent making it look neat… tiewraping ect. Hope this helps mate.

Nute

Thanks gents, sounds promising. Have to do some research on the IRC system.

Greg, where did you hide the control box, or is it something you need access to so should be fitted on the bars? Enjoy the TT :)

Thanks all...

Greg

Cheers mate.. I put the box under the seat, you only need access when changing the settings. I only had to change one setting, once that was done there’s no need to get to it again. I just needed to increase the pressure required to downshift.. on really poor road surfaces the vibration was activating an autoblip. Once adjusted, no problem. 👍🏻

Attachments

• NEW IRC_FTR1200 2.pdf
    941.8 KB · Views: 30

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Irc is the unit use by Indian and others in their race bikes. So I would venture to say it’s a good unit.

C-KicksXL

I have the Annitori on mine and i like it. It is an up and down it just doesnt do the auto blip. It definitively does make the down shift easier.

Wildmtn

IRC for me as well and it works great. I chose to adjust the settings for the auto-blip downshift to get it closer to my other bike with a factory setup, particularly in the lower RPM range, but it worked out-of-the-box and may be just fine for you as-is.

Wildmtn

Involved to access the necessary connectors but fairly straightforward. You put the load cell on the shifter linkage and add the IRC system in series with some of the existing systems and associated connectors like coils and throttle postion if I recall correctly. Find a mount location, route and secure the wires, put it back together, etc. The instructions cover what to connect where, just go in knowing that you will need to remove the tank, airbox etc. to get to the right locations and run the wires. I think the hardest part was accessing the connector at the bottom rear of the transmission. Give yourself a few hours if you havent taken the bike apart that far and for ease go in planning to remove the airbox and tank.