Racefit Exhaust

Greg

Hello, I’m thinking of swapping out my 2-2 high mount S&S for the racefit. I’ve ordered the Akro titanium headers but I’m unsure wether to buy the decat link pipe. The pictures I’ve seen look like the racfit goes directly onto the headers?
Has anyone got one of these and can advise please, thanks in advance..

Max Kool

Don’t the Akra headers already ARE a cat delete? I doubt if you can use then with the Racefit…

Greg

The Headers state they can be used with the Akro cans or the stock exhaust, surely the race fit just replaces the stock exhaust??
Not sure, I’ve emailed Racefit but they seem a bit slow, must be busy.

Greg

Ah, what will I need then?? I can’t work out how these fit the original exhausts but not the racefit? I take it these headers would just bolt onto the CAT of the original pipes?? Or do these replace the cat, is that why they won’t fit??
In which case, I just need to buy an end can with no cat delete pipe? Is that right??
Cheers pal

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You can’t use a header that already incorporates a cat delete for the racefit or bassani mufflers. You need a header that will work with the stock cat. Since the racefit mounts where the stock cat normally would.

if you want to run the akra headers, you need to buy any slip on muffler that will work with a cat

Greg

Ah I see I think. So I could buy the Zard or QD slip on and this would attach straight to the Akro headers??
Thanks for the info, it’s hard to make out things from just the pictures. I purchased the bike with the 2-2 S&S so I have never had any original exhaust/headers to look at, that’s why I’m struggling a bit.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Correct. And you will need the rear header pipe for any of these aftermarket headers to work. Since the s&s replaces it.
You also have to remove the tank to remove that highmount.

Greg

Fuck me, this is becoming a nightmare. I presumed the header pipes actually bolted onto the engine, can you buy the rear pipe separate then?
Think I might just leave it as it is, I only fancied a bit of a change. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yes You need item 24 and 15. Unless it was given to you in a box of parts when you bought the bike. The high mount is the only exhaust that replaces this. You will also need a different tune.

Attachments

• B91022FF-577E-4E2C-A37F-41F7765C0559.jpeg
    B91022FF-577E-4E2C-A37F-41F7765C0559.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 12

AZ FTR Rider

All that is correct. Take note get welded in diffuser when you buy the racefit.
It "will" blow out.
You will replace the bolt, it will blow out again, you will have it tacked with titanium.
It will blow out again. Then you will get it welded. Hope that helps lol.