Rattle when accelerating

Scttyowen

Hello all, I have a 2019 base model with about 1800 miles on it. It’s been a blast riding it but this past weekend a weird rattle started while on a ride. It’s only there when you’re accelerating and it sounds like it’s coming from the right side of the bike. I took the front heat shield off and that didn’t make a difference. Poking around the bike I can’t seem to find anything loose. Anybody else run into a similar issue?

K9F

From the engine and wind noise in your clips I couldn't hear anything unusual at all. Ride it enjoy it! A tune is always worth the outlay as long as it is one from the two reputable tuners.

Scttyowen

From the engine and wind noise in your clips I couldn't hear anything unusual at all. Ride it enjoy it! A tune is always worth the outlay as long as it is one from the two reputable tuners.
At the 13 second mark of the longer video there’s an unusual rattle that just started. A tune is going to happen ASAP

Zilonis

At the 13 second mark of the longer video there’s an unusual rattle that just started. A tune is going to happen ASAP
I can hear it a little bit. Sounds almost as if a rock or something got lodged in that side somewhere and is vibrating on metal.? That or perhaps something is loose or maybe it's inside the engine?

You could use the old screwdriver as a stethoscope trick to attempt a diagnosis. 1:22 in video below

How to find a noise

lol obviously if you try this don't do it whilst riding :LOL:
oh and don't scratch the paint

Good luck!

Breto

When mine was new and in full standard trim it had a nasty rattle on acceleration and also when down gearing mostly 4th, 3rd, 2nd…on the down gear it was as soon as you let the clutch out…so the dealer reckoned it was quieter than most that he had ridden…I didn’t believe a word they said…they also said that I shouldn’t be running 98 octane fuel…once again at 12.5 to 1 I couldn’t believe what I was hearing…anyway to cut a long story short, got my first tune and still ran 98 and it dissapeared…I believe that it was a tuning knock…pre detonation possibly but one things for sure, after getting rid of the standard tune I have never experienced it again…👍😎

Breto

No worries mate…it was only with the help of many on this forum that I’ve been able to get on top of the inherent problems this bike had from new…there are some very experienced people here mate, that are more than willing to help…and remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question…you may find answers to some in previous posts but in general your in good hands here man…👍😎🇦🇺