Reflectors removal

jopi

Hello,
mod 3.jpg
Can we remove easily the reflectors ont the fork (model FTR standard 2022) ?

It is just a tape or any scew ?

Thanks
JOPI

Fuse5

..be a little careful.. dont heat up the reflectors that much - they will melt at the edges
Put the heat on the sticker behind - slowly.
Helpful would be a simular tool to (dont use a screwdriver etc.)

1cc9d620-9e5a-47e6-9f51-6c08604a3961_1.e629234e5dffcc30cd929570d9fba74d.jpeg

Cjkaterberg

..be a little careful.. dont heat up the reflectors that much - they will melt at the edges

Agreed, I broke the tip off my favorite pocket knife prying mine off. 😆

jopi

Perfect - i have that tools - thanks

Zilonis

pull the thing off with your hand and then use your thumb to roll the glue stuff off. I did mine with 0 tools and some elbow grease

kendgray

I used bug remover, which I think is just a big bottle of goo gone. Sprayed it on, let it soak for 30ish minutes and they almost fell off on their own. Required no effort at all to peal them off and didn't leave any residue behind.

Breto

Just pull them off mate…start at the back and pull to the front…slowly…mine came off without the aid of anything but patience and a gradual pull…👍

Breto

I didn’t have any dramas just pulling the things off. No residue no nothing. Just came off…maybe they use different sticky shit for Aussie bikes…😂😂😂

R. Warshawsky

The dissenting view says leave them on, easier to be seen at night...besides, you're not looking at them when you ride, right?

S2Davies

When I first looked at the FTR my eye was instantly drawn to those reflectors, they just reminded me of those ones you get in bicycle spokes designed for school kids, and I smiled when I wondered if they offered bar end tassels as an option :D. The clincher was when I showed a picture of the new bike to a mate of mine and the very first thing he said was "oooh I don't like those!"................so they just had to go.

K9F

The dissenting view says leave them on, easier to be seen at night...besides, you're not looking at them when you ride, right?

Exactly why I left them on the other bike the front end being totally black. But with gold forks and bar end indicators that are the brightest I've ever had I thought I could afford to ditch them.