Replace spark plugs and check valve clearance

mark.lb

Massimo: Why are you doing all of this? Did you have a problem or are you just curious? How many km/miles are on your bike?

cupcake_mike

Massimo: Why are you doing all of this? Did you have a problem or are you just curious? How many km/miles are on your bike?

Service schedule calls for a compression test at that mileage. If you are going through the trouble to do it, you might as well check/change spark plugs and check valve clearances since its isn't a whole lot more work. I believe massimo is a sparky, so probably explains the probing of the coils/etc.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Those plugs look quite rich for that mileage. Mine were pretty clean at 10k mile.

cupcake_mike

Those plugs look quite rich for that mileage. Mine were pretty clean at 10k mile.

That's what I was thinking, I wonder if the pic isn't showing the color accurately. Would probably be one of the few times I've seen a stock (late model efi) bike be too rich throughout the range, especially with a slip-on (usually it goes the other way).

Last edited:

Massimo

That's what I was thinking, I wonder if the pic isn't showing the color accurately. Would probably be one of the few times I've seen a stock (late model efi) bike be too rich throughout the range, especially with a slip-on (usually it goes the other way).
Mike, maybe it's the fuel pressure ? The service manual says max 3.8 bar......IMG_20210121_170422441.jpg

K9F

Both amazing and very interesting to see you doing your own 'spannering' and your results Massimo well done. I'll not offer any opinions as you're getting a few already! ;)

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Massimo

Both amazing and very interesting to see you doing your own 'spannering' and your results Massimo well done. I'll not offer any opinions as you're getting a few already! ;)

Thanks for taking the time to post.
Many thanks Mal !