Ride height

Mwilton

I had the Hyperpro lowering kit installed before delivery. I was okay with the height, but the extra 1 - 1 1/2" sounded good, as I am 5'5". Kit worked real great, dealer is a fan as well. Only issue was kickstand, the bike was a little too vertical for me. I removed and cut out 3/4", and rewelded. ( As another member posted earlier). Its now perfect.

EagleEye78

Ive come full circle on the suspension. After purchasing a KTM 890R the height on the FTR seemed super low and the suspension super stiff. I reinstalled the stock suspension and got it dialed... I like it! The FTR is little bit taller now, but definitely manageable in the grand scheme of things. I think I'm happier with a little bit more suspension than being able to flat foot at stops.

The KTM890R is awesome by the way!!!(y)

Max Kool

Oh yes. I installed a Mupo rear shock with ride height adjustment a few years ago. Even with the 17" front wheel it leans over on the side stand more than looks healthy.

Tripack

Anyone know if the early FTR (18/19 wheels 150mm susp. travel) have a longer rear shock than the latest 17 wheels 120mm travel models (like the CARBON R)?
Anyone experimenting with longer shocks (what shock length?)
I know Max Kool wrote he had a MUPO (which has 9mm adjustment...?)

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yes the 2019 shock is slightly longer. But not by much.

Mupo and racing bros both offer shocks with an adjustable eyelet to get more clearance.

Max Kool

The cheapest/easiest way to raise a 17" model is possibly swap the shock with a 19" model, and slide the forks down the triples.

There must be plenty of short legged '19 owners that want a 17" rear shock.

This, on the other hand, is TALL.....

IMG_3784.JPG

donlycan

I have the Hyperpro kit installed on my '19 RR. I also shortened the side stand. Everything works perfectly and I am very pleased!

Attachments

• FTR1.jpg
    FTR1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 6

Tripack

so what is the height/ground clearance difference, say below the engine, when bike is straight... between the 2019 big 18/19 wheels and the 2021 small 17 wheels models (not the Rally ones of course)? anyone knows? ish...?

Tripack

The cheapest/easiest way to raise a 17" model is possibly swap the shock with a 19" model, and slide the forks down the triples.

There must be plenty of short legged '19 owners that want a 17" rear shock.

This, on the other hand, is TALL.....

View attachment 8147
Hi Mx Cool,
The end rod of that rear MUPO looks longer than their "standard ones" ...is that so?

Max Kool

Seat height difference between models:

2019 FTR1200: 841 mm / 33.1 in
2022 FTR1200: 815 mm / 32.1 in

One inch.

Max Kool

Hi Mx Cool,
The end rod of that rear MUPO looks longer than their "standard ones" ...is that so?
You mean the eyelet stay? Hmm, yeah, that is adjustable. It's also a different shock, so the size of one particular part doesn't really matter.

But yes, the shock is longer.