Self canceling turn signal

Bacfield

Good evening! New to the 2022 FTR, and I’ve noticed my turn signals are self-canceling although it doesn’t mention that in the owner's manual??

I can’t tie it to a specific speed or gear change but somewhere around third gear and 30 to 50 mph it goes out. Is anyone else experiencing this or have any insight?

thanks!

edgelett

yes the FTR has self cancelling signals, they have been since the 2019 model.
it seems to depend on a number of factors, the main one being the speed you're doing at the time of the turn and the amount you turn.
i couldn't give you specifics I've never experimented with it.

Max Kool

Move the switch to the left to activate the left turn signals. Move the switch to the right to activate the right turn signals. A signal will deactivate automatically when speed or distance reach predetermined levels. To cancel a signal manually, move the switch to the center position and push it inward. Momentary Feature: Move the turn signal switch left or right and hold it in that position for at least one second. The momentary feature will activate and the signal will then cancel when the switch is released. See page 24.

Also, the FTR has hazard lights.

HAZARD SIGNAL
The power switch must be ON to activate the flashers, but once activated, the flashers will continue to flash when the power switch is turned off. When the flashers are active, all four turn signals flash.