Shocker

SURLY

Still not happy with seat height so I called Hagon suspension and asked if i brought my shock unit to them could they make one one inch shorter I am thinking of it as a project for next winter man says what bike is it for I say Indian FTR he says no problem we have just done one give us your weight and we will get it to you in 5 days and we can lower your seat 3 cm (thats 1 1/4 inches to us old people) and before my brain can stop it my mouth is giving my debit card details so next winters project is next weeks project I asked for a red spring but he said I can only have it in black I said who are you Henry fcuking ford oh well at least it is an easy swap😈

SURLY

My bike came with the forks 2 cm through the yolks can get a small amount more will see how it feels. The Bitubos look very nice I suspect the price won,t look so good If you drop the front 15mm as per Bitubo springs as well as the back 3cm I think you will have a problem with the prop stand which already stands the bike almost vertical.

TOM

The prop stand needs short processing.
Bitubo rear shock is about 150,000 yen($ 1,350)

Max Kool

Don't make your shock 1" shorter, this may make you bike too low. Remember even while there is no linkage, there is a levarage ratio which from the looks of it is close to 2.0. A half inch shorter shock may already lower the rear by 1"...

edgelett

i was speaking to the mechanic at my dealer about height, he noticed i'd dropped the preload and he also did the front forks for me and I'm pretty comfy with where it is but mentioned 'an extra cm or two wouldn't go astray'.
He told me about another bloke who is shorter than me that spent thousands on a lowering kit and aftermarket exhaust, and now the ride is shitty and the exhaust scrapes when he rides.
based on that - i'm leaving mine where it is.

edgelett

hey boots with a bigger sole was actually something I was considering for a while lol.
i just love my Rossi boots too much.

SURLY

Don't make your shock 1" shorter, this may make you bike too low. Remember even while there is no linkage, there is a levarage ratio which from the looks of it is close to 2.0. A half inch shorter shock may already lower the rear by 1"...
Hagon said they can lower the seat 3cm did not say how much they would shorten the shock by but they are the experts so am confident it will be ok they had one in the work shop so will have worked it all out regarding dropping the forks to match mine are already 2 cm through the yolks any more and the prop stand will not work when I bought my first Crosstourer I had the dealer fit a lowering kit which was two metal plates which went into the linkage and dropped the seat 3cm they also dropped the forks to match bought 2nd crosstourer and they swopped them over dropped forks again bought 3rd crosstourer they swopped plates again and I had been riding it for a few weeks then noticed they had not dropped the forks bike felt exactly the same no difference at all so left them there so I am going to raise my forks up 2cms and see how it feels that way the prop stand should work better its a case of suck it and see.

SURLY

I hope you're lowering your front as well, you will need 1in riser extensions to have enough room to drop your forks, go easy on turns as your header will scrape once lowered.
Just had a long chat with the Hagon man regarding the front he said the worse thing lowering the back 3 cms would do is make the bike slower to turn into corners but more stable in a straight line he also said the amount coming off the shock is so small I am unlikely to notice anything so sucking and seeing.

SURLY

Here is my 3cms seat lowering shock compliments of Hagon not as pretty as the Bitubo one nor even the original factory shock and its only adjustable for preload and damping and no remote chamber but it is 14 ounces lighter and I like the way it unclutters that area one thing I like about the bike is how open and uncluttered it is everything is easy to access changeing the shock was a breeze and while 3 cms is not much (although my wife said she would,nt mind another 3cms don,t know what she was talking about:unsure:) it has made a noticeable difference to getting on the bike and only cost £375.:) here it is on the kitchen table and on the bike.

Attachments

• shock1.jpg
    shock1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
  • shock2.JPG
    shock2.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

edgelett

Can you get a pic with someone sitting on the bike so we can see how much lower everything is?

K9F

Dental flossing your arse with a thin piece of material just doesn't tick any boxes for me whatsoever based on the subject matter that has been presented and features in the avatar. On further reflection maybe if the material was of a different colour perhaps?.............

😂🤣😂😂

Last edited:

SURLY

Dental flossing your arse with a thin piece of material just doesn't tick any boxes for me whatsoever based on the subject matter that has been presented and features in the avatar. On further reflection maybe if the material was of a different colour perhaps?.............

😂🤣😂😂
Would happily post one in a different colour but the last one was taken down quickly will get a shot of my short arse on the bike next time its out the garage.
Changed avatar anyway black thong ok?

Last edited: