Shorten side stand for installation of Hyperpro lowering kit.

donlycan

Finally getting around to installing the Hyperpro lowering kit. For those who have already installed, how much did you shorten the side stand? TIA

K9F

Have a 2022 FTR side stand on order part number 1025611-458. 40mm shorter than the 2019s. Factoring recent tire swap out into the equation as well it should be perfect too.

Have a 2022 FTR side stand on order part number 1025611-458. 40mm shorter than the 2019s. Factoring recent tire swap out into the equation as well it should be perfect too.
Oh boy they had the new FTR's at Daytona Bike week.. I gotta say the Carbon model is something straight out of a wet dream. It was so gorgeous all perfectly detailed and on a sunny, warm NO clouds type day is when I stopped by their whole Tent/ area for the Corporate Indian bikes. Also saw plenty of the new Thunderstrokes, they had one of the "Special Edition" Jack Daniels Dark Horse

Hey buddy; can you elaborate a bit for me...

Really anyone who's lowered their FTR I'd love to hear from but; I'm guessing the HyperPro Kit is the way most people go? I believe I saw their site; it isn't' US based is it? I'm sure I could get it imported right?

Also how do you like it lowered? I think overall the bike is damn comfy stock (I have the 19' Base model so I'm not exactly sure which Shock actually comes on that from the factory but I'm looking into suspension right now) And since I'm trying to wear out these stock knobbies as quickly as possible; I'd be curious what you replaced them with? Because this grip is horrible lol. Don't get me wrong I like sliding as much as the next guy; and the bike is very predictable. But I'm losing potential speed all over the place. I like grip; I'm not a drifter ha.

nnm505

Oh boy they had the new FTR's at Daytona Bike week.. I gotta say the Carbon model is something straight out of a wet dream. It was so gorgeous all perfectly detailed and on a sunny, warm NO clouds type day is when I stopped by their whole Tent/ area for the Corporate Indian bikes. Also saw plenty of the new Thunderstrokes, they had one of the "Special Edition" Jack Daniels Dark Horse

Hey buddy; can you elaborate a bit for me...

Really anyone who's lowered their FTR I'd love to hear from but; I'm guessing the HyperPro Kit is the way most people go? I believe I saw their site; it isn't' US based is it? I'm sure I could get it imported right?

Also how do you like it lowered? I think overall the bike is damn comfy stock (I have the 19' Base model so I'm not exactly sure which Shock actually comes on that from the factory but I'm looking into suspension right now) And since I'm trying to wear out these stock knobbies as quickly as possible; I'd be curious what you replaced them with? Because this grip is horrible lol. Don't get me wrong I like sliding as much as the next guy; and the bike is very predictable. But I'm losing potential speed all over the place. I like grip; I'm not a drifter ha.
I just ordered the lowering kit from Pure Performance Cycles. It's made in The Netherlands.

D

Deleted member 706

What does the lowering kit come with ?
The web page shows some oil as well but they didn't send me any.

Attachments

• IMG_20210501_141449.jpg
    IMG_20210501_141449.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 25
Depends often where it's shipped from and how. Oils, lubricants and batteries are often prohibited especially when flights/international borders are involved.
Sure; what do you think of htis that recently went with a non-knobbly; more sport touring style tire. I coudn't believe how easily this buy wheels, genuinely. I'm starting to worry i'm doing it TOO much; because it's intoxicati\ng.

So adding the T31's, that had to lower it VERY minimally; but some. Say I went with the lowering Hyperpro real; I shouldn't experience any real clearance issue should i? so far I've noticed ZERO, I took the bike at 700 miles to 2600 in 6 days to FL, and the oil filter seemed healthy AF. 2500 miles of North Dallas later? I'm ordering a skid guard. EDIT: Also the back is in AVON Spirit, my dumbass ordered a 17 rear originally; but then liked the Avons so I switched. Sue me

Attachments

• Tire4.jpg
    Tire4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
  • Tire3.jpg
    Tire3.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 20

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
yes, your headers will scrape if you like to lean into turns and use the tires you just installed.

Its better to get used to not flat footing, than it is to be able to flat foot, but have the lean angle of a cruiser.

yes, your headers will scrape if you like to lean into turns and use the tires you just installed.

Its better to get used to not flat footing, than it is to be able to flat foot, but have the lean angle of a cruiser.
Man you have no idea how close that is to how I'm riding. I've ready found the limit of the FTR Base how I'm currently setup. Fine, I can accept it, but if I also my footing; and next, my pegs/rear-sets, I can get it over pretty low. I don't want a cruiser anymore; I want a StreetFighter. I want to make mroe power too. The Bassani and work that FM did together is the best running I've bad the bike so far but. I road with some buddies and got left behind by bikes I was gneuinely shocked about... Skill? Surely, invovled in some point. But I know my power when we're both Full Throttle; and I see it walking.

So I'm not sure what I want to do right now. I could trade it in on a MUCH cheeper; older Supsersport, just to what? Have 180+ HP in Dallas? My FTR is already turning my into a heathen, it's not me. I need to figure out a way to improve my fun while keeping the FTR.

Attachments

• New Tires.jpg
    New Tires.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
most street bikes will outrun the ftr on open roads, the ftr is a riders bike, that shines in the corners and technical stuff.

Fuse5

@K9F .. Did u install it yet and is it 40 mm shorter?
Just asking before i cut the orig. down.. but it seems that 40 mm a bit to much (for me) .
Thanks for !

Fuse5

U went on the 19/18" before.. i know ;)(y) (just mounted :D)
.. would do a change from 10 to 15 mm lower .. orig. (19) size rims