Slip on muffler

JDP

I’ve been looking for some slip on mufflers but we don’t have a lot to choose from, I’m sure there will be in the near future, has anyone tried the S&S muffler and really didn’t care for them? I think I’m leaning towards them and might leave the cat on for now just until someone comes out with a rock solid remap

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I have a little stubby muffler for $50 if you want something temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDP

Thanks, but I have a few from a friend of mine that we have been trying out, I think I’m going wait and see what they come out with

Fuse5

Maybe interresting for EU owners
Not sure right now but saw that the S&S slip on is coming with EU approval soon
here.. and ..there
(u may downlaod approval on the second but only HD models displayed at the moment)

Last edited:
No need to remove the cat! It sounds very loud without the dB reducer. Honestly you'll be very satisfied! Louder than that you need earplugs! No joke.

Unruly Rider

No need to remove the cat! It sounds very loud without the dB reducer. Honestly you'll be very satisfied! Louder than that you need earplugs! No joke.
Everyone has different opinions on this matter, I almost always remove the cat from my bikes, FTR included. I think it sounds a bit more aggressive without it -- when I had just the S&S slip-on installed it was just a different tone than stock, not much louder than the stock pipes with baffles removed. No earplugs needed... this isn't a 124ci Harley TwinCam engine. If it's too loud - most likely you are too old. Also, without the cat I have noticed less heat under my right leg at long stop lights on 90* or hotter days. Then there is also the benefit of dropping weight, yeah it isn't much alone but pair it with the weight removal of factory muffler, plate/rear signal relocation, and an AntiGravity lithium battery -- it starts to add up.