Small slip-on exhaust options

Ataman888

Ok. Just want to say that adding a tail tidy when combined with less ridiculous looking mirrors transforms the bike look for me
With that said, I really want to make the bike a bit louder. Don’t really hate the way stock pipes look but I do want to open up the sound while keeping the cat on.
Did anyone run the bike without mufflers with just a catalytic converter? What’s the downside of that? I saw people adding some exhaust tips on to cat but they stick out and to just look kind of weird, but why add a tip period, why not just run cat only? Anyone?
Btw here is mine, there are many like it, but this one’s mine :)
F638087B-CE64-4FDF-9700-F7072ECF86AA.jpeg

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Because with just the cat, it looks very cheap and unfinished. There is no harm in it though, I did it for a little while.

mikefleming

I have the S&S slip on with the cat. Sounds great, may delete the cat later and and have it tuned...but enjoying the bike and performance as it is right now!

Ataman888

I do like both Toce and S&S leaning toward the later but both are just straight pipes and I wasn’t how much real difference either make sound dbs wise compared to just cat. Does anyone or have a Video/sound clip of cat no muffler setup?

John-FTR17

I am new and royally confused on which Exhaust option to choose. Still have stock set up. Got a FM Cat delete Pipe, but not sure Im going to go that route now. :unsure:

mark.lb

I own a Race Replica and run the stock Akrapovic exhaust with dB killers removed but retained the catalytic converter. It sounds and runs great without the need to remap the ECU. It is also very easy to return to stock if necessary. There are stock Akrapovic cans available on e-Bay or from Indian. In fact many on this forum may have them available because they changed exhaust systems. I think they would look great on your black FTR.