Smartphone with Quadlock and RAM Mount

FTR'66

Je vous poste mon Cockpit.

GPS TomTom V4 et Mon Bon Vieux iPhone 4S qui est très solide.

Pour mon iPhone, j'utilise un support Ram Mount de chez Aliexpress, et aucun problème depuis 4 ans.
Redressées (1) - Copie.jpg

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
A few more

Attachments

• 745A3A72-F190-4921-B597-BAAC47E8D249.png
    745A3A72-F190-4921-B597-BAAC47E8D249.png
    506 KB · Views: 24
  • AE8436D3-44CC-4D38-9186-D3F124059478.png
    AE8436D3-44CC-4D38-9186-D3F124059478.png
    549.1 KB · Views: 24

edgelett

Actually the phone mount will destroy not only iphones and all other phones as well. My friends Huaweis camera broken too but he’s using quadlock.
not all other phones.
Number of people have used various androids and had no issue.
anyway the issue isn't 'the mount' it's the quality of the phone and the ability of the phone to handle vibration.
realistically, phones currently aren't built to go on motorcycles and they take damage. the next gen may be more resistant but for the moment they're not.
better off getting a custom GPS unit if you need a GPS, and blutooth your music to your helmet direct from the phone.

marcus

Mobile phones ar not desinged for vibrations and hits. (Except special models)
Of course, if you expose the unit to strong vibrations of a 2-cylinder, something will break. :)
The little focus part of the camera will break in case of vibrations.
My Garmin Zumo works since years.

Unruly Rider

Actually the phone mount will destroy not only iphones and all other phones as well. My friends Huaweis camera broken too but he’s using quadlock.
Been using Rokform handlebar mounts for over 5 years, before that I used RAM mount... never had a single problem with ANY of the Samsung phones I have owned over that time (10+ years total). With 12-15k miles put on my bike in a single year - that is real world testing. I'd say the problem is definitely an issue with crappier phone manufactures.

Murdock

After all warnings in this an other forums about killed iPhone Cams, I went over to a TOM TOM Rider 550 Sat Nav. While I find it good for touring, I think for day-to-day navigation in cities Google Maps is still a much better choice.

Today I received a mail from quad lock: They have added a vibration damper to their product portfolio that eliminates up 90% of the vibrations (that's what their marketing says at least ;-) ).

Here is a video, more information can be found on their web page:

Last edited:

mark.lb

6500 mile with my 2020 i-Phone SE in the RAM X mount and the camera is still working! A $400 motorcycle phone is not that large of a spend If you already own a RAM mount system.

Last edited: