Still surging

Tombo66

Hey all,

I have heard nothing but good things regarding Floyd’s v6 Secret Sauce tune. I did the tune along with akropovic baffle delete and cat delete. I know the mid is not as good as when you keep the cat but…. I still feel surging and cannot discern any noticeable performance increase. Thoughts? Similar experiences?

Last edited:

Max Kool

Although I still have the cat, my experience is different. Zero surging, and a sharp, smooth throttle.

(you mean Lloydz btw).

What is the "bad feel"? baffle delete?

Notaharley

FWIW I got the new download to the ECM from Indian and love it.
Bike runs great cold and the throttle is crazy smooth --- but I haven't removed my catalytic converter. I don't want a crazy noisy bike. I've had too many, lol!

pushit

That's disappointing to hear. I haven't read any other accounts of it not improving the surging. I'd be on the phone with Lloydz asking what the deal was.

My '22 seems to be getting worse, I can start to feel it at 2700 rpm now. It's so fucking annoying. And it's also kind of embarrassing since I have the baffles out, its so loud it sounds like I'm a complete noob at riding, like I don't know wtf I'm doing.
I was on the fence about getting the lloydz update, sort of waiting and hoping there will be a decent exhaust option to come out for the '22+ years. I'm tired of waiting though, tired of the surging too

Tombo66

Although I still have the cat, my experience is different. Zero surging, and a sharp, smooth throttle.

(you mean Lloydz btw).

What is the "bad feel"? baffle delete?
Yes. Lloyds and baffle delete, autocorrect got me again, but I’m impressed you figured that out!

Tombo66

FWIW I got the new download to the ECM from Indian and love it.
Bike runs great cold and the throttle is crazy smooth --- but I haven't removed my catalytic converter. I don't want a crazy noisy bike. I've had too many, lol!
I have the low Arkopovic double mufflers that came on the bike with baffles out and no cat and love the sound. There are many other options much louder than this but I went this route for the very same reason, I don’t want to feel time I need ear plugs to ride longer distances;-)

Tombo66

Hey all,

I have heard nothing but good things regarding Floyd’s v6 Secret Sauce tune. I did the tune along with akropovic bad feel and cat delete. I know the mid is not as good as when you keep the cat but…. I still feel surging and cannot discern any noticeable performance increase. Thoughts? Similar experience

Tombo66

Update: Ryan at Lloydz promptly replied to my email on this. I did note to him that I’ve also filled up with 110 octane a couple times and he suggested I stick to 93 octane max and see how it performs. He also noted that cat delete can leave a low rpm surge even after the tune. I should also mention I had the update from Indian prior to the secret sauce tune so the results may not be as dramatic as those who did not have the factory update.

Notaharley

I have the low Arkopovic double mufflers that came on the bike with baffles out and no cat and love the sound. There are many other options much louder than this but I went this route for the very same reason, I don’t want to feel time I need ear plugs to ride longer distances;-)
I've damaged my hearing from many years of motorcycling--- I think a lot of it comes from wind noise.
I wear Earpeace earplugs now every ride which enable me to hear voices well and block out the wind noise.

I found my loud pipes we're adding to my fatigue on long rides....and most of my rides are long. I rarely ride less than 80-100 miles everytime I get on the bike.

I just wanted to mention the new tune available for free and how good it is.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
That's disappointing to hear. I haven't read any other accounts of it not improving the surging. I'd be on the phone with Lloydz asking what the deal was.

My '22 seems to be getting worse, I can start to feel it at 2700 rpm now. It's so fucking annoying. And it's also kind of embarrassing since I have the baffles out, its so loud it sounds like I'm a complete noob at riding, like I don't know wtf I'm doing.
I was on the fence about getting the lloydz update, sort of waiting and hoping there will be a decent exhaust option to come out for the '22+ years. I'm tired of waiting though, tired of the surging too
my 2022 WITH the new indian tune was pretty unsatisfactory, since I already knew how well the bike could run after tuned.

In this vid I try and simulate where the surging would normally happen with my 22 when it was stock. This is after the tune There is zero surging with the lloydz flash. Cat installed with a toce muffler

Op, how is your battery? Terminals tight? I know a weak battery can cause some weird running issues. As 99% of the people who have the lloydz tune are happy with it

Tombo66

Thanks. And I agree. Their tune is undoubtedly the best in the business.
I’ll check into the battery connections

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Not saying it can’t be the tune. Since there are some outliers. But call lloydz and tell them what it’s doing.