Stripe it all rim tape

Pmcb41

That looks great. It is amazing how sometimes the subtle things can effect the overall looks. How hard was it to get it straight (or should I say not straight but a smooth curve)? Keep us up to date how it holds up. I remember seeing the truing jig set-up that we purchased to see if we could paint the stripes in house back in 2018. That never went anywhere, it seems more things fail than succeed all the way to production. I am tempted to add a stipe after seeing yours.

SCarty

They have a little tool that you can purchase that helps you get the stripe on the rim perfectly straight it was very easy to do

mark.lb

This is a copy of a post I made on February 7, 2020. The stripes have held up well. I have 6500miles on them now and they still look great. I keep my wheels very clean. I usually give them a wipe with a mild cleaner after each ride. I think it helped preserve the stripes. ——

I used a Stripe-It-All tool and Scotchcal Striping Tape (1/4 inch). The tool can be purchased online and there are some excellent videos to show you how to use it. The tool allows the instillation of 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 inch stripes. It is adjustable so you can choose where on the rim you want to place the stripe. It is definitely a two man job if you do not remove the wheels from the bike. I used jack stands on the front and rear. One person applies the strip with the tool and the other slowly spins the tire as the stripe is applied. It takes some practice to get it right. I chose white stripes to pick up the white in the faux tank. The tool can also easily be used on automobile rims as well.
The rims must be very clean and grease free (rear) for the stripe to adhere properly.....32276DC4-437A-409D-9F9F-66DA45E8B5D6.jpeg