Superhooligan race bike conversion

Madmo

Wanting to convert my 22 FTR Carbon R into a RSD race bike. prolly don’t want the swing arm, tank and tail. But want the exhaust and belly pan. Might get the triple tree off set but not sure yet. The wheels are forged on the race bikes. They managed to bring the weight down by 100 to 420lbs wet. My weight savings would be closer to 50 estimated

Exhaust and belly pan have to be custom made. Not sure if anyone has any advice on where to go to get custom work. RSD sells the forged rims.

Attachments

• 4C743168-71FF-406B-A3EC-6048A6758FE8.png
    4C743168-71FF-406B-A3EC-6048A6758FE8.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 60

SURGEFTR

Don't see how adding an exhaust and belly pan will shave that 50lbs. and its the other components that make it a "RSD" race bike...sooo hmmm
You can no longer get the swingarm or seat and rsd isn't running offset triples on their track bikes (which you can no longer get either).
RSD exhaust you see (which I hear is no great performer or looker IMO) was designed for clearance. Look at toce if you want slightly better clearance or a 2x rt high side (S&S) being another low performance upgrade (not even sure if offered for 2022 bikes)
Here is some reading for you regarding a belly pan:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Damnit serge. Crusher if dreams! Lol

I’m around 480 wet. And I’ve got about everything I can take off, off. And the parts I do have on I bought lightweight versions. And an anti gravity battery

Those rsd bikes have the oil coolers removed, abs pump removed, handlebar controls removed, pretty must stripped down simply for racing

Last edited:

Madmo

Damnit serge. Crusher if dreams! Lol

I’m around 480 wet. And I’ve got about everything I can take off, off. And the parts I do have on I bought lightweight versions. And an anti gravity battery

Those rsd bikes have the oil coolers removed, abs pump removed, handlebar controls removed, pretty must stripped down simply for racing
I thought the oil coolers were relocated but yes I believe everything was stripped down.

Madmo

Don't see how adding an exhaust and belly pan will shave that 50lbs. and its the other components that make it a "RSD" race bike...sooo hmmm
You can no longer get the swingarm or seat and rsd isn't running offset triples on their track bikes (which you can no longer get either).
RSD exhaust you see (which I hear is no great performer or looker IMO) was designed for clearance. Look at toce if you want slightly better clearance or a 2x rt high side (S&S) being another low performance upgrade (not even sure if offered for 2022 bikes)
Here is some reading for you regarding a belly pan:
How’d you find out the exhaust wasn’t a good performer?

SURGEFTR

Going off what blog post says but looks like a customs smaller one.
yeah, they seem to have made brackets that attached the cooler to the bottom of the radiator. They built a seat bridge for the saddlemen tail section that elevated the rear of it on top of the fuel tank and that's where the battery went

FTR London

Wanting to convert my 22 FTR Carbon R into a RSD race bike. prolly don’t want the swing arm, tank and tail. But want the exhaust and belly pan. Might get the triple tree off set but not sure yet. The wheels are forged on the race bikes. They managed to bring the weight down by 100 to 420lbs wet. My weight savings would be closer to 50 estimated

Exhaust and belly pan have to be custom made. Not sure if anyone has any advice on where to go to get custom work. RSD sells the forged rims.
You've come to the right place. Can I suggest a back rest, some raised/high bars (more pronounced the better), a saddlebag, the obligatory Continental RA tyres, comfy corbin seat (with red piping), a screen the size of a billboard, tank bag. phone holder...and don't forget to look into Apple Car TV.

(I'm sorry, I can't help myself).

Last edited:

Max Kool

You've come to the right place. Can I suggest a back rest, some raised/high bars (more pronounced the better), a saddlebag, the obligatory Continental RA tyres, comfy corbin seat (with red piping), a screen the size of a billboard, tank bag. phone holder...and don't forget to look into Apple Car TV.
You forgot the lowered footpegs and a gremlin bell..

(love you back)