Syncing Comm System

J0988

Hello All,

Just curious if anyone has figured out a good way to sync both your phone, and comm system to your 1200s? I have an iPhone 10 and a Cardo Packtalk Bold. When I connect my phone and comm system to my bike, and try to use the features, the connections seem to get jumbled. For instance, if I’m listening to music and pause it using the TFT, I cannot unpause the music with the TFT. I have to stop, pull out my phone and manually re-set all the connections. Also, if someone calls, and I actually want to answer, using the answer button on the screen just seems to confuse everything. My phone doesn’t know whether to send the call to my comm system or my bike.

I’m fully expecting to get some ribbing for messing with electronics instead of enjoying the ride lol, but any input would be awesome.

Thanks!

MilwDave

I have the same comm unit and an iPhone 11. I use a short 9” Lightning cable to connect the phone to the USB on the Ride Command unit. I then paired the Packtalk to the phone. The controls on the Ride Command work well but I have to choose the Packtalk as the speakers everytime I turn the bike off.
It doesn’t work perfect. Every once in awhile the display freezes up or the speedometer won’t show the digits. I’m not certain that it’s a result of having the USB plugged in or not.
The FTR Ride Command is a very flaky version of whatever it was intended to be. With or without the iPhone connected it acts up at times. And Indian is less than clear on what it’s capabilities are supposed to be.

Charliemurphay

I’ve personally found that the best way is to turn the bike on and while it is warming up, leave the headset off and pair the phone to the bike. Once it’s warmed up and I’m ready to set off, I turn the headset on and it pairs to the bike and everything works 90% of the time. Sometimes I have to disconnect everything and repeat and that usually fixes it.

I’ve personally found that the best way is to turn the bike on and while it is warming up, leave the headset off and pair the phone to the bike. Once it’s warmed up and I’m ready to set off, I turn the headset on and it pairs to the bike and everything works 90% of the time. Sometimes I have to disconnect everything and repeat and that usually fixes it.
Iphone 11 and Cardo Packtalk Bold here. I'm with Charliemurphay. Waiting for everything to be ready to go and then turning my headset on seems to have the best luck. Sadly, that also means remembering to turn the CPB off when I hop off to get gas.

J0988

I have the same comm unit and an iPhone 11. I use a short 9” Lightning cable to connect the phone to the USB on the Ride Command unit. I then paired the Packtalk to the phone. The controls on the Ride Command work well but I have to choose the Packtalk as the speakers everytime I turn the bike off.
It doesn’t work perfect. Every once in awhile the display freezes up or the speedometer won’t show the digits. I’m not certain that it’s a result of having the USB plugged in or not.
The FTR Ride Command is a very flaky version of whatever it was intended to be. With or without the iPhone connected it acts up at times. And Indian is less than clear on what it’s capabilities are supposed to be.
Yeah, making that physical connection with the cable might actually be the best solution so the wireless connections aren’t crossed. Kinda sucks that’s the case though.

J0988

Thanks! I’ll give this a try next time I ride. Unfortunately, looks like possible snow in the forecast!

Greg

I too have exactly the same problem with my music, iPhone and Sena comm system, once I use the TFT to change/pause a song, I have to then use my phone to start it again! Really annoying!!

D

Deleted member 706

Having some industrial deafness I try to cut out as much noise as I can. No phone, no music and in with the ear plugs.
When I go riding it's just me and the great outdoors.