The Italian '22 FTR you never knew existed..

Notaharley

Thanks. Never heard of them. I Enjoyed learning about the bike. I like it.

I just wonder if the seat is more comfortable than my FTR?!?

I've had my bike for 5 or 6 months and am thinking about getting rid of it for that one reason, lol. It's awful!

Helge

Try the FTR carbon seat...it´s much better than the standard seat 👍
I´m very happy with and edgelett too

Notaharley

Try the FTR carbon seat...it´s much better than the standard seat 👍
I´m very happy with and edgelett too
It's the stock seat with a different cover. Bad reviews on it.

I can buy covers all day online.

Had a Saddle man --- gosh that was awful. Ditched it.

Having the seat slide you forward is idiotic, IMHO .

I'm looking at a Triumph. The ftr is fun for short rides, but I ride too many miles. If I can fix the seat, I'd sure enjoy it more.

edgelett

It's the stock seat with a different cover. Bad reviews on it.

I can buy covers all day online.

Had a Saddle man --- gosh that was awful. Ditched it.

Having the seat slide you forward is idiotic, IMHO .

I'm looking at a Triumph. The ftr is fun for short rides, but I ride too many miles. If I can fix the seat, I'd sure enjoy it more.
I've not seen any bad reviews of the Carbon R seat but as Helge says, everyone is different.

as for having the seat slide you forward being 'idiotic' - it depends on the riding you're doing.
For riding through tight corners, hills, canyons, being up against the tank is perfect.
for long cruising, probably not as much.

I still say getting someone local to make you the seat you want is the best option

Max Kool

For riding through tight corners, hills, canyons, being up against the tank is perfect.
for long cruising, probably not as much.
Agreed

Being up against the tank on those roads is certainly preferred. A seat that deliberately pushes you forward (or any position for that matter) however.... 🤯

Should be neutral imho, not forcing you in any position (which is what the tracker seat does btw)

edgelett

Agreed

Being up against the tank on those roads is certainly preferred. A seat that deliberately pushes you forward (or any position for that matter) however.... 🤯

Should be neutral imho, not forcing you in any position (which is what the tracker seat does btw)
Don't disagree there, i have never sat on a saddleman so i guess i'm not sure how much is the seat deliberately pushing your on to the tank, and how much is the seat being different to what many riders coming to the FTR are used to (especially those coming from a cruiser style bike).

EllenGtrGrl

I remember the Morinis. As a young rider in the early 80s, I thought they were cool, and would have liked to have one, but they were never common in my neck of the woods (the Upper Midwest of the United States). I think I only ever saw one of them (a 500) in the flesh. I'd heard that they had come back from the dead, but it is surprising to see that they're making a V-twin again. Hopefully their fate isn't the same as Benelli's and Laverda's were after they were revived - those two companies, IMO are only "sort of around" nowadays, with available motorcycles from them being few and far between, after the original hoopla for their new motorcycles.

Well, I'd better get going. I have a 25 mile (40 km) commute to work on the FTR1200, that I still have to do this morning.