TIDY TAIL OR NOT?

Walrus

I'm tempted to strip about 10 pounds off the bike by removing the rear fender. The downside is I'll have a stripe of dirt up my back every time I ride in messy situations.
Not sure the weight loss is worth the PITA - and I kind of like the fender look.
Insights from folks who use a tidy tail please.
Thanks.

American

When I first got mine the tail tidy was on my list of things to do but after about 6 months I just couldn’t see removing the factory plate holder.

I think the tidy makes the bike look more like a basic sport bike.
In the summer it pretty much rains everyday in the afternoon. Don’t want to have water and dirt all down my back.

Walrus

Not. Answered my own question with ride today.

Attachments

• Unknown-4.jpeg
    Unknown-4.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 56

Webby

I did it. The bumper on the FTR is substantial for sure but I like the sportbike look of a clean rear tire. Looking at the angles I think most spray will hit a pillion (of which I dont have one) and not much on me but I can live with it as not a lot of rain in N. TX. I'll look into a hugger if someone makes them as I like to keep bebe clean. Tail.jpg

Omohundro

I took mine off probably the first day I had it, 4000 miles later I’m thinking about modifying it and putting it back on.

DoingOK

I have the Powerbronze rear hugger (currently removed) but it won't stop any water/mud from going up your back. I like the tail tidy look and will deal with any future messes.

ceramic2.JPG