Tips for connecting phone to through USB

Scarecrow

Any tricks to get the phone to connect with the tft better through usb? Have IPhone 7. Usually have to go through a song and dance to get the phone to connect to see my music through the media screen. Sometimes gets stuck saying reading usb media or something of that nature. Usually have to turn the ignition off then back on to hopefully get it to work.
Tried a couple usb cables I had around, tried buying new.

Am I the only one it happens to? Starting to think it’s my phone possibly.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Most likely your phone or USB cable. My iphone 11 with the latest iOS would show up on my display shortly after plugging it in.

Scarecrow

Doesn’t work at all now. 3 different usb cables and 2 different phones. No luck. Bluetooth works but sometimes it’s spotty. Will have to read the manual, maybe I’m overlooking something but I’ve used it before so we’ll see.

mark.lb

I use a TRIPP-LITE 10 inch sync/charge cable. I ordered it on line and it works great and is the prefect length to reach my RAM X Grip.

Attachments

• 6B5B3010-3E22-4042-BAC9-B258292865BC.jpeg
    6B5B3010-3E22-4042-BAC9-B258292865BC.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 13

Scarecrow

Most likely your phone or USB cable. My iphone 11 with the latest iOS would show up on my display shortly after plugging it in.
Been a long time and I just stopped worrying about this. After multiple phones and cables I gave up and just used Bluetooth. Idk if it was you or someone else or maybe if I imagined it but I thought I remember someone posting about out of spec USB’s being put in early FTR’s. Either way thought I might take a gamble and ordered a new USB module for $80. Picked it up today and put it in and it’s working great now.