Traded my 2022 FTR Carbon

Stanger1

Well,
here's a good one. So I am always interested in any bike, and I got the chance to ride a 2022 Triumph Rocket 3G and all I can say is don't do it.
I have never smiled and laughed so much when I test rode that bike. It was a Dealer Demo and it worked.
Traded two bikes again for this one Rocket.
167 ft lb' torque and 165 hp in a cruiser. Yes, it's a big bike but I am a big guy.
For 2022, they lost like 88 lb's of weight and made several mods to enhance the overall feel of the bike.
Enjoyed the info I learned here.
Keep the rubber side down and be safe.

Last edited:

Walrus

Not sure you'll see, but best of luck with your new ride.
Rockets are cool.
The 88 pound weight loss is significant.

FTR London

167 ft lb' torque and 165 hp in a cruiser. Yes, it's a big bike but I am a big guy.
I'll raise you the Millyard V10. Creations like these genuinely warm the heart. Allen Millyard, complete nutter and English eccentric - an engineering genius of the same ilk as Britten and Munro.

In 2009, he had the batshit idea of taking an 8litre V10 Dodge viper engine and designing and building a motorcycle around it. This thing puts out 500lb-ft of torque and 500bhp and will see 185mph @ 5,000rpm, 215 mph at half throttle and idles at 30 mph yet he's occasionally sighted trundling around the back lanes of Berkshire on it. It sounds like a cross between a Massey Ferguson tractor and a Messerschmitt 109. Shut the throttle too abruptly and the engine braking would probably hurl you over the bars and the opposite side of the home counties.

And next week, join us when Allen takes a Lamborghini V12 engine and installs it in a Honda Super Cub.

Anyway, enjoy the new bike. My brother in-law owned the Rocket III - hilarious. Post some pictures.

Stanger1

I'll raise you the Millyard V10. Creations like these genuinely warm the heart. Allen Millyard, complete nutter and English eccentric - an engineering genius of the same ilk as Britten and Munro.

In 2009, he had the batshit idea of taking an 8litre V10 Dodge viper engine and designing and building a motorcycle around it. This thing puts out 500lb-ft of torque and 500bhp and will see 185mph @ 5,000rpm, 215 mph at half throttle and idles at 30 mph yet he's occasionally sighted trundling around the back lanes of Berkshire on it. It sounds like a cross between a Massey Ferguson tractor and a Messerschmitt 109. Shut the throttle too abruptly and the engine braking would probably hurl you over the bars and the opposite side of the home counties.

And next week, join us when Allen takes a Lamborghini V12 engine and installs it in a Honda Super Cub.

Anyway, enjoy the new bike. My brother in-law owned the Rocket III - hilarious. Post some pictures.

Oh yes sir. The old saying. There's always someone or something bigger and faster out there.
The Boss Hoss has been putting the Chevy 502 on the bikes for awhile, but they do not handle at all.

Stanger1

Ya know,
The Rockets claimed dry weight is 642lb and when I test rode it, it handled surprisingly well. Better than expected and the power off idle to 7K is great.
Still, I will miss my 22 FTR Carbon and especially the 21 Kawasaki H2 SX SE. That bike, jezz, freak show. Super charged liter bike.
Everyone be safe

TPrescott

Well,
here's a good one. So I am always interested in any bike, and I got the chance to ride a 2022 Triumph Rocket 3G and all I can say is don't do it.
I have never smiled and laughed so much when I test rode that bike. It was a Dealer Demo and it worked.
Traded two bikes again for this one Rocket.
For 2022, they lost like 88 lb's of weight and made several mods to enhance the overall feel of the bike.
Enjoyed the info I learned here.
Keep the rubber side down and be safe.
Go here next. https://carpenterracing.com/index.htm