West Texas new owner.

Biohazard_40

Well for the first time in my life I bought a bike on the phone I’ve never ridden. Fell in love with the FTR from day one and researched as much as possible to see if I’ll like it. Got a smokin deal on a base model that should fit my needs well. First mods are gonna be the License plate mount and exhaust of course. It tickles me that a bike manufacturer finally built a production bike modeled after a flat tracker, one of my favorite bike styles. Looking forward to many miles of smiles and therapy. I’ve been riding dirt since I was 4yrs old, and street since I was almost legal to do so. I’ve worked as a tech for Kawasaki and..... the other American manufacturer.... so I’m looking forward to tearing into this fascinating machine. Just went through the first summer since I was a child without a bike so this deal came along at a fantastic time. I will be lurking and snooping this site and others for tips and ideas to make this bike what I want it and get the most out of it. Any advice and tips are always appreciated.

K9F

A hearty welcome from T'other Side of the Pond. Only two reputable tuners most people use, both will provide you with boh a PV3 and a great tune. Do not go direct to Dynojet and make sure you have compatible software currently loaded or you may have to wait a while?

D

Deleted member 677

Welcome from the other end of the Lone Star! I also bought my standard model over the phone. I had to go just over the border to Louisiana to get her. I have added a few upgrades that improve on our model, like the S&S engine module, that gives you the 3 riders modes. As well as a powerbronze screen. I have videos on them if you get to that point. Welcome to the forum!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Looking for tips on the best prices on low mount cat delete slip on and maybe a PV3 as well.
bassani is about the only low mount cat delete slip on. But you will need a PV3 if deleting the cat and installing a free flowing exhaust, or it will run poorly.

Biohazard_40

Welcome from the other end of the Lone Star! I also bought my standard model over the phone. I had to go just over the border to Louisiana to get her. I have added a few upgrades that improve on our model, like the S&S engine module, that gives you the 3 riders modes. As well as a powerbronze screen. I have videos on them if you get to that point. Welcome to the forum!
I haven’t come across the powerbronze screen...... please elaborate or drop a link. My curiosity is piqued......

mark.lb

I purchased my FTR 1200 sight unseen. On July 8, 2018 Travis Pastrana jumped the Caesar’s Palace fountain on a modified FTR 750. During the TV broadcast there was speculation that Indian would build a street legal bike based on the FTR 750. That night I told my son-in-laws if Indian builds that bike I will buy one! In the Fall it was announced Indian would indeed build and sell the FTR 1200. I went to the closest Indian dealer (Pitt Cycles, Warrendale, PA) on October 10, 2018 and put down a $1500.00 deposit. I waited with frustration all winter of 2019 as Indian delayed the release of the FTR due to fuel mapping issues. Finally I got the call. On May 24, 2019 Pitt Cycles said the received two FTRs, a Base Model and a Race Replica. I took delivery of the Race Replica on May 25, 2019! That was the first day I saw the bike and the first time I rode the bike was on my way back home. I am a happy owner since that day. I still get a big smile on my face every time I ride my FTR.

K9F

Mark,

I did chuckle about the bit about your frustration as Indian delayed the release of the FTR due to mapping issues.

They obviously decided in the end without a satisfactory resolution to "F**k it! We'll go for the release anyway!"

🤣😇😎

Last edited:

Biohazard_40

I did go and sit on one but again no test ride here. That was in November last year, and still grinning 😁.
I went by the closest dealer and sat on an s model. They didn’t have a base so I didn’t bother with it. Found a base model 6hrs away at a good price and got approved to get it. A friend called from back in AR and beat the hell out of their price so I verbally signed the papers and go to pick it up on Halloween. Plan is to ride it back 10hrs to Midland TX.