Wunderkind Turn Signal NA Wiring?

addfrench

Hello,

I’m looking to fit a side bag on my FTR S and I need smaller turn signals in order for it to fit. (My current setup has the Indian high license mount and the turn signals are mounted below the seat on the back).

I was looking at smaller solutions like the Motogadget m.blaze bar end signals but I'm not sure they would pass inspection here in Massachusetts. So I was thinking of the Wunderkinds as a potential small solution.

My question concerns wiring. Being a European company, is the tail and headlight wiring different than the US spec models? Has anyone in the US had luck running these lights?

Wanted to make sure they'll work before I commit to buying them. Thanks!

Djk88

These indicators come with resistors but there are no connections to the wires so at some point you will have to cut splice or solder the wiring.5E112A29-F6C3-46BD-AB85-D285CFB00554.jpeg568FD75C-1688-425D-9753-179F0935B751.jpeg836639D8-11E0-4868-9200-54B5B6695EA6.jpeg

addfrench

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I was definitely on board with splicing/soldering the wires. I just wanted to make sure they were the same wire spec across the US and European models so that everything lines up and works with the bike. Sounds like you've had luck with making them work on yours, so I should be good to go.

Thanks again.

LukeJ38

Hey gents! Thinking of buying the same led turn signals (front and rear). Do you have to use the resistors? I thought the FTR already has LED lights. Thanks for the help!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yes you need resistors. The bike does have led. But even led signals draw different current.