Yet Another Milestone!!

S2Davies

Just to put a slightly different spin on the "how did I pay for it" thread, I fell in love with the looks of the FTR after seeing it in TV, but life got in the way of financing a purchase. In the following year, (not looking for sympathy by the way) I lost both my parents and was fortunate enough to get a very small inheritance, so I wanted to do something that in my mind was appropriate to remember them. Now as you all know riding any bike can be quite a therapeutic time, spent in your own mind enjoying your moment in history.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that what ever the reason for buying an FTR or however it's paid for, it's all about the smiles. I know that on mine, I smile to myself, think of my parents and just enjoy the ride...…...Oh and I'm still blown away by the bike, I've never had a big twin before :)

D

Deleted member 192

Easy Cowboy. Dont get your chaps in a bunch. We still love you.

K9F

Unfortunately he left the 'other forum' hastily too which was not my doing. I think I had my part to play in this case and I apologise to those that may miss him and once again a thank you to Ferrailio for his moderation and time he spends doing so on this forum. Sterling job and undoubtedly not easy!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
maybe he will take some time and come back. I didn’t single anyone out. I even deleted some things I said. But there were also things in there that shouldn’t have been posted. He was sent a nice explanation pm. Then I woke up to a deleted account.

the worst thing a for a new forum is when people log on to see technical information and it’s pages of bs. I’m really wanting this place to grow.

Max Kool

Me too, and the offtopic BS in technical threads sometimes is just too much for me (just like the tongue in cheek jokes btw)

edgelett

Ferraiolo I really appreciate your moderation here, I haven't had an issue with it.
I think that some users get very very upset when people disagree with them on even the slightest of topics, and I personally found some of the stuff posted not only irrelevant but a bit...off on occasions (not many, but now and then.)
i come here to talk about the FTR, bikes generally, get tips and info, find out about mods, and joke around a bit.
but staying on topic in a thread is important, esp for new people. It's why we have a non-bike section of the forums too.

For what it's worth, I think you have moderated this forum really well and think your decision to create an 'off topic' thread was the right decision.