Your bike's nickname?

Santiago Red

I'm looking to trade up my bike as it's an older model with plenty of mileage and wear and tear. I figure I should celebrate her while she's still with me though. My baby is an old Kawasaki Ninja that I call Big Red. The poor thing is actually green, but I'm colorblind when it comes to distinguishing between reds and greens, so what can you do? The name Big Red stuck. I'm leaning towards getting the Indian FTR 1200 S as my next bike. Not sure what nickname I'll give it. What do you call your bike?

Knox

And no one told you? Someone should have taken pity on you buddy. Well, my baby is called Sally - after the character in Pixar's Cars. Uh, my son insisted on that nickname and no, I'm not ashamed at all.

Santiago Red

Nah, most folks thought I named it that because my last name is Redman. I can't fault anyone for that. The title/dealer papers had the colors marked but it was all abbreviated and I took "gr" for gray rather than green. It's just one of those weird things. Very weird.

Hold your head up high, brother, Sally is a great nickname. Besides, the Cars franchise is cool.

Last edited:

Bad'Tude

I actually think it's pretty cool that you have an interesting backstory on how your bike came to be called Big Red and, as it turns out, your last name is Redman. You just can't make that stuff up!

The only name I have is for my first bike - a 1960 Kawasaki that was given to me by my dad when I turned 25. I was out of college and had landed myself a pretty good job at that point and the company sent me to Germany on an extended business trip for six months. While I was there, I dated a girl named Ula. When I got back, my dad gave me the bike and I named her after my German fling. 😎

K9F

I am leaning towards the name 'Unicorn' as it is a mythical beast that no one in this area has ever seen one on the road or even heard one...…...Yet!?

Was informed yesterday I still got a couple of weeks wait.

Last edited:

Bad'Tude

@K9F, that's a bummer! You must feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. I dig the name Unicorn, though. It makes sense since unicorns are magical creatures of beauty and that's what this bike is!

Reactions: K9F

Merrick

I can't say that I've ever named my bike or car, but I appreciate that some folks do. Y'all have some funny stories. @Santiago Red I think Indie would be a good name for the bike.

rhledge

I pick it up this Saturday - S race replica. Don't have a name yet, will have to work on one. My Yamaha FJR is Big Red because it's red, so that's taken.

WARPATH

I named mine "WARPATH" because that is what it feels like when I am riding it. I even put it on the tank sticker. It is a beast, and I love it.

SURLY

I actually think it's pretty cool that you have an interesting backstory on how your bike came to be called Big Red and, as it turns out, your last name is Redman. You just can't make that stuff up!

The only name I have is for my first bike - a 1960 Kawasaki that was given to me by my dad when I turned 25. I was out of college and had landed myself a pretty good job at that point and the company sent me to Germany on an extended business trip for six months. While I was there, I dated a girl named Ula. When I got back, my dad gave me the bike and I named her after my German fling. 😎
Nice story.