17" wheels!

edgelett

I just thought I'd post this here, now that the FTR wheels are actually being produced, through the pandemic and supply chain problems Titax and pretty much every other manufacturer is or will have pricing changes.

Here are the retail prices for Titax Wheels as of 5/1/22... so the few that stuck it out over this turd circus for last 18 months got a heck of a great price on these.
  • Indian FTR “CARBON” Version with 17” Retail Price: $3295 USD (this is the new version that uses the special ABS bearing (included with Titax wheels))
  • Indian FTR, standard ABS system Retail price: $2995 USD
  • BMW and HONDA CBR Retail price: $2895 USD
  • All other models Retail price: $2695 USD
Compared to the intro price, thats a more than $1000 US price increase.
works out to $4300 AU before postage. that's close to the price of Carbon wheels.

I suspect this may be the only run of wheels they do at those prices.

Thanks for the update, appreciate everything you've done for members of this group :)

TenRacing

Yeah, unfortunately, Titax is not the only one with increases, I know other manufacturers and other industries have experienced crazy increases in raw materials and even in the product need to make the raw materials.

TenRacing

I was hoping I could get a set for myself but after taking the hit on order cancelations, and refunds/fees i am just glad to get the original group buy taken care of. I should hopefully have logistics to get the last 2 sets shipped this week...

edgelett

I was hoping I could get a set for myself but after taking the hit on order cancelations, and refunds/fees i am just glad to get the original group buy taken care of. I should hopefully have logistics to get the last 2 sets shipped this week...
sorry to hear that.
they do look amazing - I'm keen to see how they look fitted and get feedback on how they feel to ride.

GQM

Brett's been great through all of this, I really do appreciate him sticking this out for us. The price increases suck but like he said it's everywhere. I manufacture rifles and the raw material costs for our aluminum and titanium have increased quite a bit over the last 2 years. I'll post pics of my wheels after I mount them.

TenRacing

Brett's been great through all of this, I really do appreciate him sticking this out for us. The price increases suck but like he said it's everywhere. I manufacture rifles and the raw material costs for our aluminum and titanium have increased quite a bit over the last 2 years. I'll post pics of my wheels after I mount them.
thank you, I feel terrible that this was such a turd circus, hopefully the 1 set of R1 wheels i have coming show up in timely fashion, at least that would give me some confidence to continue to work with them.

They are saying that wheels they have fitments for (now including the FTR) will be 4-6 week delivery time.

edgelett

Reviving this to see whether anyone who has now received their wheels has fitted them yet?
got pics of how they look and what the bike feels like handling wise?

nailbeater

I had this posted on the Indian forums in the FTR section but without asking if I wanted to be a 'vendor' they deleted the post.

SO here we go! I have established a connection with Titax Wheels and they are ready to start building 17" wheels for the FTR!

3.5 front and 5.5 rear, ETA is August, so I am trying to get my initial group buy set up.

These wheels will be ready to mount with the bearings, spacers, and sprocket carrier and set up for the OEM brake discs.

REAR SPROCKET OPTIONS
The sprocket is the same as Marchesini or BST are using.

You can use the following sprockets.
CHIARAVALLI:
2067 520 chain
2094 525 chain
2105 530 chain

AFAM 520 chain: 93622
RENTHAL 520 chain: 397U-520-36P-HA
VORTEX 520 chain: 840 AZK
Or the alternatives in 525 and 530 as well.

Dimensions:
Inside diameter: 76mm
Pitch circle diameter: 100mm
5 holes for the screws size M10

They use SKF bearings - the same as used on MOTO 2 bikes.
Stainless hardware

Wheels are powder coated standard colors...
Gloss Black, Matte Black, Silver,
Translucent colors, Blue, Gold, and Red

There are options but would prefer to keep the initial order to standard colors and options
Options include, ceramic bearings, Titanium hardware, or custom colors.

Now the down n dirty,
Retail for a set is $1895.
I am going to offer the first 6-10 buyers that can pre pay, special pricing and free ship to Lower 48 USA.

interested parties can contact me at [email protected]
View attachment 1548View attachment 1549View attachment 1550
How much for the red rear rim rim and can I use the sprocket it that I have ?

GQM

Got my 17s mounted with some Galfer wave rotors. Shaved 16 lbs from the bike. Running a 180 width Bridgestone S22 and the bike feels transformed. Handling is so much more flickable. I've fallen in love all over again with it. It's a proper hooligan now. Indian kind of killed the bike with the DT3s imo. Weight full of fuel is 469 lbs on my scales now.

Screenshot_20220713-230505_Instagram.jpg
20220713_210438.jpg
IMG_20220708_212657_341.jpg

Crappy cell phone pics. I'll take proper photos soon.

Thanks again to Brett from Ten Racing for sticking this out for us. Titax kinda sucks as a company but for the price we got these for and the impact they have on the bike, it was worth the wait.

Last edited:

edd1976

hello there Im new here I have email you just today I hope you can get me in I want to buy a seat whit sprocket 17'' for my 2019 ftr 1200

edd1976

Maybe it will just work on a 2019, just no one tested it yet
hello there im new here so I bought my self a 2019 ftr 1200 replica I love the look of this bike but I hate the 19'' and 18 '' wheels so I went to the dealer bought me a set of wheels and tires for there 2022 ftr carbon and the back wheels work perfect the front wheels don't the abs light pops up and does not run it goes on limp mode now the only way to make it run good that saying whit the 17'' wheels is if I turn off my abs track control then im ok but its a pain every time you turn it off you have to cancel abs

edd1976

Titax may just be too late for most, knowing the 2022 17" wheels will fit straight up....

rear 100% sure
front 90% sure, to be confirmed by the end of the week most likely

🤷‍♂️
hello there I have the front and back wheels 17'' that I bought from Indian dealership but the front works only if you turn off your abs track system

edd1976

Titax may just be too late for most, knowing the 2022 17" wheels will fit straight up....

Hey Max I’ve been talking with a guy that runs in the super hooligans. He was saying that the 2022 front has a different position for the ABS so it won’t be compatible with the 2019…I. Actually wondering if you could put the 2019 ABS ring onto the 2022 front wheel???…your thoughts…🤔
no you can't at all I have a set of 2022 on my 2019 it works only if you turn off your abs

edgelett

no you can't at all I have a set of 2022 on my 2019 it works only if you turn off your abs
hi there and welcome.
the wheels from Indian are different to the wheels from Titax. the Titax wheels (which are a lot more expensive) fit straight on and there's no problem with ABS.

However the wheels for the 2022 Indian are different, they changed where the tone ring is.
So you need to make some modifications to the front wheel to get it to work properly with your ABS.
See this video for info: