2022 base FTR baffle removal.... warning

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
In that case, Best bet is to just remove the muffler and add a little 2in ID exhaust tip to the cat.

edgelett

I love the look of Toce, but from what I hear it's super loud, and I don't necessarily want that. I like loud, but I also like my neighbors while I still live in the city.
any exhaust that removes the cat is loud.
If you're worried about volume, get a slip on and then you can remove the baffles later on if you want it a little louder.
I have a Toce full system with the DB killer in, it's the same volume as my other half's Harley.

Anton G

any exhaust that removes the cat is loud.
If you're worried about volume, get a slip on and then you can remove the baffles later on if you want it a little louder.
I have a Toce full system with the DB killer in, it's the same volume as my other half's Harley.
Well then, I guess it's not too loud. On my previous bike (Harley) I had a 2 into 1 V&H pipe, but I eventually put a DB killer in cause it was scaring the neighbors :) I really like the look of Toce. I might need to go with that when I'm ready for a pipe. I was thinking slip ons, but then I don't want to spend money on it only to put a full system in later. Might as well go for the gusto. My original plan was a Bassani muffler with a link pipe and no cat, but I guess that's not possible with the 2022s. Unless, of course, I'm willing to take it to a fabricator. Thanks for all your input, I really appreciate it!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
the bassani is the link pipe and muffler in one, but is just as loud, if not louder than the toce. And doesnt perform as well

edgelett

Well then, I guess it's not too loud. On my previous bike (Harley) I had a 2 into 1 V&H pipe, but I eventually put a DB killer in cause it was scaring the neighbors :) I really like the look of Toce. I might need to go with that when I'm ready for a pipe. I was thinking slip ons, but then I don't want to spend money on it only to put a full system in later. Might as well go for the gusto. My original plan was a Bassani muffler with a link pipe and no cat, but I guess that's not possible with the 2022s. Unless, of course, I'm willing to take it to a fabricator. Thanks for all your input, I really appreciate it!
this video might help - my 2 bikes vs my other half's Harley with Vance and Hines exhaust

Dave9877

Have done my mufflers now and I’ve found I use more fuel.. Possibly as I keep blipping the throttle a LOT more! Love the new sound, definitely a job well worth doing.