2022 FTR Owner Report

Walrus

I've posted this before:
Didn't have any issue with the stock bike from Day 1.
But got a pipe and secret sauce tune a week & about 200 miles later.
Now plus 600 miles (have a bunch of bikes I rotate).
No surging, excellent engine response.
i have a base model.

Tomahawk

I've had my 22 S for about a month now. It has some slight surging at partial throttle. I also have a KTM Super Duke GT and a Ducati Monster 1200S so I'm not new to fueling quirks. The thing that bothers me most though is frequent false neutrals. I have to make a conscious effort to give it a solid tug between 1st and 2nd gears. As far as fueling, I've read mixed information on whether a Fuel Moto PV3 will work on the 22's because of a different software version. At this point I don't want to send my ECU to Lloyds.

Madmo

Just bought mine in April 2022. I’ve literally put less than 10 miles on the bike and it’s been in the shop three times. Bike dies after 30 mins of riding. All kinds of error codes, some of which the mechanic has never seen before. Polaris Corporate engineers have not found an answer. Claim they’ve never seen a total failure like this before. Bike is a total lemon. Debating whether to have them order a new one or get my money back. They’ve offered to do both. Very, very disappointed in the bike and brand.
You have the 22 model year or did you buy a 19 in 22?

Walrus

I've had my 22 S for about a month now. It has some slight surging at partial throttle. I also have a KTM Super Duke GT and a Ducati Monster 1200S so I'm not new to fueling quirks. The thing that bothers me most though is frequent false neutrals. I have to make a conscious effort to give it a solid tug between 1st and 2nd gears. As far as fueling, I've read mixed information on whether a Fuel Moto PV3 will work on the 22's because of a different software version. At this point I don't want to send my ECU to Lloyds.
Not sure the EUC has to go to Lloyds. I'd double check that.

tsb996FTR

If anyone is replacing their stock 2022 FTR carbon exhaust - and looking to sell the OEM parts (even if just the the Arkapovic slip-ons) I am interested. I just bought a 2022 that was layed down on the right side and need to replace. thx

Mckid4

If anyone is replacing their stock 2022 FTR carbon exhaust - and looking to sell the OEM parts (even if just the the Arkapovic slip-ons) I am interested. I just bought a 2022 that was layed down on the right side and need to replace. thx
Replied to you WTB thread.

jsherm01

I have a 2022 Rally. I've had some codes thrown about clutch position sensor. Dealer service dude in Kansas City didn't seem to think it was any big deal. I've had it stall several times in traffic coming off the cylinder deactivation. I've had several tunes but still have throttle hunting at lower speeds and gears. My Triumph Street Scrambler fueling is flawless.

cupcake_mike

I have a 2022 Rally. I've had some codes thrown about clutch position sensor. Dealer service dude in Kansas City didn't seem to think it was any big deal. I've had it stall several times in traffic coming off the cylinder deactivation. I've had several tunes but still have throttle hunting at lower speeds and gears. My Triumph Street Scrambler fueling is flawless.

Where did your tunes come from?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Remember it’s not always the tunes fault ether. These bikes are VERY finicky when it comes to voltage. And can do some weird things. Or even a sensor.
For instance a bunch of people were having issues where their challangers were acting funny and everyone blamed the tuner. So the tuner dived int Tom he issue and found out it was a batch of faulty kick stand switches causing the issues.

jsherm01

Fuel Moto. Thinking of putting the stock unmodified exhaust back on to see if more back pressure helps. I have the unbaffled Akrapovic's on now.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ahh in that case it may be the tune. That’s why lloydz stopping using the pv3 on the new ftrs and went to the ecu flash. Too many inconsistencies.

tsb996FTR

just received exhaust from Mckid4 (to replace my OEM damaged AKRAs) he sold me his systems from his new Carbon (he is upgrading). FYI for FTR1200 members - Mckid4 was easy to deal with and very fair. We communicated through out the process and he was very helpful - you can be very comfortable in dealing with Mckid4 - super cool guy - great asset to the forum!! thx Mckid4!!!

Attachments

• FTR_exhaust.jpg
    FTR_exhaust.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 9

Mckid4

just received exhaust from Mckid4 (to replace my OEM damaged AKRAs) he sold me his systems from his new Carbon (he is upgrading). FYI for FTR1200 members - Mckid4 was easy to deal with and very fair. We communicated through out the process and he was very helpful - you can be very comfortable in dealing with Mckid4 - super cool guy - great asset to the forum!! thx Mckid4!!!
Thank you Tom! It’s been great chatting with you and happy to help out in any way that I can. Looking forward to seeing your bike back up and running, you’re going to love it.

WorthySK1LLZ

2022 FTR Rally here.
Removed the stock Baffles and have had 0 issues with stalling or weird/rough startups. No issues in 100+ degree weather.
I live in Idaho, which is a higher altitude as well.