Do most folks replace the stock mirrors?

Vippen

I've got a cheap pair sitting inside of the controls. I've never ridden any bike with ordinary mirrors where I've seen anything than my upper arms... This is the best solution I've ever had, I get a clear view under my arms, and they just about clear the "tank". The only drawback is You've got to move Your head/gaze a bit further. But then again, rather that and actually seing something. And now I realize they give You all a view of the plumbing in my cleaning up-corner...

Indianspegel.jpg

TheDodgePeg

Yes. The Mickey Mouse mirrors had to go. They make the bike look cheap. I bought another set of Magazi Vipers from Kiwav direct. Used them on my 2016 Vmax1700. They look great. They buzz a little though. I may have to get the weights from Sato Racing. The Sato bar ends are the HEAVIEST out of all the options Ive found.

Attachments

• Mirrors 1.jpg
    Mirrors 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
  • Mirrors 2.jpg
    Mirrors 2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 50

TheDodgePeg

I got rid of the standard mouse ears as soon as I could. Had a few cheap sets of bars ends but they all folded back at speed so I went for the Motogadget glassless mirrors. They are small but work really well. Bit pricey but totally worth it. I think they are blades from memory.
View attachment 7171
Breto... can you give me more info on your LEVERS?

wallycycle

Would you kindly share the links and pics please?
Not sure where I bought them but eBay has the chinesium variety for sale around $30. The German variety at SW Motech are around $80. They're all pretty much the same. The important thing is to get the correct bolt size. Some on the Internet are M8 and some M10. And pretty sure the FTR uses normal right hand thread on both sides: (unlike Yamaha, Ducati eg).

Attachments

• PXL_20231108_213212926.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231108_213212926.MP.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20231108_213226006.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231108_213226006.MP.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 25

Charliemurphay

Were you able to fit that silver barrel into the bar? I was fiddling with mine earlier but I think it’s a smidge too big.
I have aftermarket bars (Rizoma MA006). The dealer did the install of the mirrors during the rebuild after my accident. I believe the barrel is supposed to be exposed from what I recall seeing on Scouts. Someone with a Scout can chime in on whether that’s the case or not.

NeopolitanShake

I have aftermarket bars (Rizoma MA006). The dealer did the install of the mirrors during the rebuild after my accident. I believe the barrel is supposed to be exposed from what I recall seeing on Scouts. Someone with a Scout can chime in on whether that’s the case or not.
Gotcha. I have some days off and i'll probably sand it down to get it to fit. Need every mm to avoid those side mrirors.